BMW Werkz banner

Meguiar's NXT Video!

7K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Laxiepoo 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Originally posted by RetroSpek@Jan 22 2004, 06:42 PM
woah.. looks cool!

Hey lEE7, with this wax and the MR CLEAN car wash, we'll be unstoppable!
:lmao2

:werd: I just ordered some of the Meguiars NXT wax and quick wax along with the plastic/vinyl conditioner.

Should be here monday! W00t!!!! Mr. Clean and Meguiars owns us all.

#4 ·
That looks great! especially for $15... When the video first started i thought it was showing the hood after waxing and i was like "wtf, there are swirls all over"

#6 ·
I dunno...that video didn't impress me. It was dark with poor lighting.
Any wax could have done that on video.
Maybe it works good, I dunno.
I had just decided to give up on Meguiar's poor performance gold class wax which I have used for many years. I found a new replacement product which works really great.

So, L337E46 do let us know when you've tried it!!!

#7 ·
1/2 of the hood of an m3 with NXT...

The other 1/2 just left alone....

The car was very well detailed...

Attachments

#8 ·
And after...

Attachments

#9 ·
Originally posted by CosmosBlack@Jan 23 2004, 12:10 AM
I found a new replacement product which works really great.
Which product would that be?

#10 ·
Before application.... Notice left side is being waxed right side is not. The car was fully detailed on Sunday with 3m finesse it, perfect it, Klasse all in one, and P21s/S100.

Attachments

#11 ·
Money Back Guarantee....

This stuff is so good I don't need to return it. I am throwing my P21S out the window.

Attachments

#12 ·
And the final results.... The section I waxed was about 2-3 times darker, shinier, and wet looking in person as compared to the unwaxed section. You can't tell much from the camera but it sure looks gorgeous in person.

Attachments

#13 ·
mmmmmm

Attachments

#14 ·
The verdict:

Meguiar's NXT supercedes all of Meguiar's previous garbage waxes and seems to bring out more shine, color, and brilliance than P21S. Try this wax out, you will not be disappointed.

#15 ·
I will definitely get a bottle to try out! (based on your strong recommendation).

But I must say pics do not do justice to how a surface really look in real life. The unwaxed surface looks just as shiny in the pics. Ok, they drew a line and compared the NXT with a non-waxed surface, how about comparing it with a waxed surface with another wax? I bet there won't be helluva difference in looks.

Most waxes generally produce shiny and deep gloss, but the thing I also want is durability, being able to last thru' several good washes, rain, sun etc. This is why I say Meguiar's gold class sucks big time. So do many others.

Answer to dubumb's question, the replacement wax I found is something I posted in the car detail section here some months back. It is a new product with no big name to back it up. I strongly recommend it, coz' I was given a sample bottle, tried it and tested it thru' time, washes and the weather. It looks good, feels good and lasts good! Surprisingly too coz' it's not expensive, at about $14 a bottle. It's called Wattawax, but since there wasn't much response from the thread, I just decided to keep quiet and be happy with it myself. If you're interested, look it up at www.wattawax.com

#16 ·
Originally posted by CosmosBlack@Jan 27 2004, 03:11 PM
I will definitely get a bottle to try out! (based on your strong recommendation).

But I must say pics do not do justice to how a surface really look in real life. The unwaxed surface looks just as shiny in the pics. Ok, they drew a line and compared the NXT with a non-waxed surface, how about comparing it with a waxed surface with another wax? I bet there won't be helluva difference in looks.

I Totally agree. Although I tried to get the best shot possible of both surfaces you really can't tell the difference unless you see in person. The NXT looked so damn good in comparison to the layers of finesse it, perfect it, Klasse all in one and P21S. This stuff is going to stay in my arsenal of detailing goodies...

Attachments

#18 ·
Originally posted by CosmosBlack@Jan 28 2004, 02:25 AM
Holy shit!!! You run a car detailing business??? :goodness: :D
No, I'm just a detailing freak. But I probably have more goodies than the average auto detailer. LOL. :naughty :naughty :naughty

#19 ·
Originally posted by L337E46+Jan 28 2004, 01:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (L337E46 @ Jan 28 2004, 01:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CosmosBlack@Jan 28 2004, 02:25 AM
No, I'm just a detailing freak. But I probably have more goodies than the average auto detailer. LOL. :naughty :naughty :naughty [/b][/quote]
What kinda wax applicator/buffer is that? That looks like it would be a good buy... How much can i score one for? What's the brand name?

#20 ·
Originally posted by dubumb+Jan 28 2004, 12:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dubumb @ Jan 28 2004, 12:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by L337E46@Jan 28 2004, 01:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-CosmosBlack
@Jan 28 2004, 02:25 AM

No, I'm just a detailing freak. But I probably have more goodies than the average auto detailer. LOL. :naughty :naughty :naughty
What kinda wax applicator/buffer is that? That looks like it would be a good buy... How much can i score one for? What's the brand name? [/b][/quote]
It's a Cyclo Buffer. Same thing they use to polish the aluminum skin on aircraft I believe. I got mine for $300.

#22 ·
Interesting collection of products. Since some of the labels are hard to read, would you post a reply with a text list?

I use a Sears $70 buffer with a soft pad and it works fine.

#23 ·
Originally posted by Silver4evr@Feb 3 2004, 02:46 PM
I use a Sears $70 buffer with a soft pad and it works fine.
Are these easy to use? I've heard of some buffers being tricky since they rotate so fast that it heat up the paint... Do you use it to apply the wax also?

#24 ·
It doen't turn that fast. Keep enough paste on to keep it lubricated. Don't press too hard. Buy some extra pads. Yes, wax can be applied also. Maybe test it on another car first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.