BMW Werkz banner

Leather Stain on Leather Seat

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Toto 
#1 ·
My brown belt is leaving marks on my gray leather. I have tried a cleaner, but it can't seem to get the brown dye off of the seat.
Any suggestions? :confused:
Thanks

#5 ·
Wells it's not specifically a leather-cleaner. The name represents what it cleans - most anything (including leather). I can't find it on the internet, either. I'm thinking that maybe it's a discontinued brand that I get ordered through Show Car products who have their own stock of it. Nevertheless, if you can't find it, I would try "Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Foam Cleaner/Conditioner" (~$8) as it can clean almost anything off of leather. Good luck!

#6 ·
05330i said:
My brown belt is leaving marks on my gray leather. I have tried a cleaner, but it can't seem to get the brown dye off of the seat.
Any suggestions? :confused:
Thanks
I just finished this beautiful 545i with gray leather interior that had brown belt marks on the driver's seat.

Rather than strong chemical cleaners (which could damage the leather dye), I resorted to a mixture of 8 parts warm water to 2 parts mild dishwashing soap. I used a boar's hair brush to scrub the seat faces and a terry cloth towel to remove the solution. It took a couple of tries, but the brown belt leather stain came out. You might try that combo/brush.

Here's a pic of the finished car.

Toto

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.