BMW Werkz banner

HELL YA

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  AZ325Ci 
#1 ·
OK so there is no "detailing" info here yet. I know you guys have tips and stuff right? Here is a question or two for everyone. Do you use a Buffer when you detail? What kind and why? What is your routine to the perfrct look? Do you just say hell wit dat, and use a pro detailing shop?

#2 ·
Hey, balucanb, Now i have some questions... how does wax manage in storms? Specifically sand storms.

What about rust... does it get sandblasted off ?

Lol i couldnt help mey self

#3 ·
:angry: OH MAN, that ain't funny! it has been blowing for the last three days, man this place bites!!!! :ph34r: You thionk I'm joking check out the picture, this was when we had 1st moved in, the storm hit blocked out the sun , rained thus knocking down the sand and well you can see the result!! The photo is un touched that is exactly how it was!!

Attachments

#4 ·
:blink:

#6 ·
CAM,
I hope our right about people chiming in, I am trying to decide on which one to get myself. The two main choices out there seem to be the Porter Cable 7424 or the Cyclo, the main diff. that I have found are, Price - the PC is way cheaper, but the Cyclo works the product better and allows you to apply more pressure to the surface if needed. Both are random orbital and have been deemed "stupid proof" by 99.9% of the people out there, what I mean is, by using one of these it would be very very hard to burn your paint. However I have also learned that if you have really damaged paint you really are going to get a better effect with a rotory polisher. HOWEVER, these are pretty much reserved for pro's or at least very experianced (sp) users and one should try and practice on something besides your good car!!

#7 ·
i have yet to use a buffer on mine. i don't know how much help i can be since i haven't experienced any buffers yet. a friend of mine had bought the porter cable and after the first try, he was very disapointed with it. it had left many swirl marks around his car. i'm not sure if he didn't work it properly or what. anyways, i've had heard very good things about the cyclo. here in arizona, the cyclo is named the best buffer around. i'm gonna have to check them out or maybe i can find somebody that has one and see what he/she thinks of the product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.