BMW Werkz banner

Headlight Cleaning

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TMac325is 
#1 ·
So i washed my car/engine today and i noticed that the headlights were still kind of foggy/yellowish/sticky on the outside... this is mostly from road grime that has accumulated on them, and due to the fact that its the year of the cicadas in maryland... luckily i havent run into many but there is still bug juice that wont come off the headlights

i kept thinking of how to get that crap off without going to buy bug remover.. so i brought out some nail polish remover and a cloth... and WALA! the headlights look pretty damn good

this is just a tip of mine, please dont get any nail polish remover on your paint :banghead

its hard to tell from the pics, but they look much better afterwards....

Before

After

See less See more
#3 ·
wow it looks like there smoked now!! that looks awsome i guess there was just some nasty film on it from driving..

good find!

#4 ·
Thanks for the tip. I have found that Polishing Compound from Turtle Wax and Kit Scratch Remover work very well too.

#5 ·
btw, nail polish remover does wonders on removing tree sap from windows.. jUST DONT PUT IT ON PAINT! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.