BMW Werkz banner

Cleaning Wheels

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Delmarco 
#1 ·
the other day i was cleaning my alluminum wheels that i was gona put on, so i decided to wash them and polish them before i put them on. they were realllly dirty, un belivable, the inside of the rims were like black cuz of brake dust and stuff. it wouldnt easily wash off. so i tried "brake cleaner" its a spray its like less then $3 at pep boys. the stuff like took all the black stuff right off and made the cleaning process reallly easy!!and my rims look awsome.

#2 ·
I use the Armorall in the silver bottle, its the best for brake dust. Just spray your rims with high pressure hose first to loosen up the dust then let that sit there for a minute then rinse again and the brake dust just whipes off soo easy.

For tires I use foam Turtle wax or Armorall but dont put it on while the tires are wet or in the shade. Spray it while they are real hot in the sun and let it bake the dirt right off them. Then spray with Black Magic tire wet.

#3 ·
Originally posted by NESS@May 24 2005, 07:23 PM
I use the Armorall in the silver bottle, its the best for brake dust. Just spray your rims with high pressure hose first to loosen up the dust then let that sit there for a minute then rinse again and the brake dust just whipes off soo easy.

For tires I use foam Turtle wax or Armorall but dont put it on while the tires are wet or in the shade. Spray it while they are real hot in the sun and let it bake the dirt right off them. Then spray with Black Magic tire wet.
[snapback]347605[/snapback]​
I've used that Armorall. It worked really well. But, I applied it while my tires were wet. It dried and left them black and protected. Ran out fast though. <_<

G
#4 ·
Originally posted by moe19x@May 24 2005, 09:13 PM
the other day i was cleaning my alluminum wheels that i was gona put on, so i decided to wash them and polish them before i put them on. they were realllly dirty, un belivable, the inside of the rims were like black cuz of brake dust and stuff. it wouldnt easily wash off. so i tried "brake cleaner" its a spray its like less then $3 at pep boys. the stuff like took all the black stuff right off and made the cleaning process reallly easy!!and my rims look awsome.
[snapback]347603[/snapback]​
It also removes the paint :eek:uch

#5 ·
Originally posted by jetblack325+Jun 21 2005, 12:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jetblack325 @ Jun 21 2005, 12:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-moe19x@May 24 2005, 09:13 PM
the other day i was cleaning my alluminum wheels that i was gona put on, so i decided to wash them and polish them before i put them on. they were realllly dirty, un belivable, the inside of the rims were like black cuz of  brake dust and stuff. it wouldnt easily wash off. so i tried "brake cleaner" its a spray its like less then $3 at pep boys. the stuff like took all the black stuff right off and made the cleaning process reallly easy!!and my rims look  awsome.
[snapback]347603[/snapback]​
It also removes the paint :eek:uch
[snapback]355437[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Did the cleaner say it was okay to use on clearcoated or painted aluminum wheels? I remember my dad cleaning the inside of his wheels out while switching off snow tires. It was gross. Still, a scrub and simple green got the job done for him. Oh, to have the time to scrub inside my wheels. :clap2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.