Clean Windshield w/ razerblade - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Wash & Detail Keep your ride looking hot! Share your detailing ideas in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 02:52 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
scott66 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Cool Clean Windshield w/ razerblade

I'm thinking about using a razerblade to strip/clean my windshield. While facing bright light (THE SUN), I see little particles all over the windshield, which cant be washed off. I am worried because I heard a razor blade can do more damage than good, by adding new scratches. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 07:39 AM
n00b

Toto is on a distinguished road
Bad idea! They can/will scratch the windshield. When you say you see particles, are they really pitting from highway miles?

If not, and you have a buffer, you can apply products such as Klasse AIO or Meguiar's #83 to polish the windshield. But it won't repair the pitting if that's what you have.

Toto
#3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Neutral Member

trinidad 325i is on a distinguished road
i use razors to clean the windshield and no scratches! u just got to do it the right way.
#4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 08:22 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto
Bad idea! They can/will scratch the windshield. When you say you see particles, are they really pitting from highway miles?

If not, and you have a buffer, you can apply products such as Klasse AIO or Meguiar's #83 to polish the windshield. But it won't repair the pitting if that's what you have.

Toto

^^^trust the man who details BMW's for a living...

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT

lol the thought of using paint polish on my windshield makes me laugh haha

glass stripper followed with a few coats of rain ex and the glass will look brand new...not to mention repell water like a moefoe

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 10:41 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
I tinted windows for years. Razor blades are ok on our cars. Just be careful. Some high-end Mercedes, some Fords, some Volvos and a few others cant take a razor blade. The glass is really soft and I wouldnt recommend anything sharp on those. Those cars will get scratched. In the tinting world, they make plastic, blunt-ended scrapers to remove inspection stickers and such.

My 2 cents...

Plastic Razor Blades

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 01:04 PM
2nd Gear Member

isherdholi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotKRAUT

lol the thought of using paint polish on my windshield makes me laugh haha

glass stripper followed with a few coats of rain ex and the glass will look brand new...not to mention repell water like a moefoe
I've heard bad things about rain-x on a front windsheild. In heavy rain, the wipers become useless.

The glass stripper seems like a good idea though.

#8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
Thumbs up RainX

RainX isnt useless in heavy rain the reason of the whippers being useless is the rain repells off so fast you dont really need to put your whippers on :P I used it and loved it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 10:35 AM
n00b

Richarde30 is on a distinguished road
You can use a clay bar on your windshield. Do it just like you would do your paint, ie; with quick detailer for lub. Wash well and you have a very clean windshield.
#10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Neutral Member

mtccl is on a distinguished road
What you see is pitting.

I use "BarKeepers Helper" on glass. It has a little grit to cut any crud and washes off clean. I have never liked Rain X. Everytime I use it the wipers start to chatter, drag, and leave black streaks after a couple of months. Rain X is a coating and all coatings must wear off. Just my .02

Good Luck!
MM

2002 BMW 330XI
1988 Porsche 944
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Wash & Detail