BMW Werkz banner

Best Product to Clean off Brake Dust / Wood trim

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Spetsnaz Op 
#1 ·
Hey guys since I am a new owner, I was wondering if you had some great advice regarding cleaning the wheels and faux wood finishes.

I reviewed the manuals for suggestions and they were pretty much worthless.

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
Hehe I see some input frolm speedster in there. Yikes.

Anyway, waxing sounds like a good idea.

I don't really care about quick and easy, but I do care about doing things right.

Thanks for the link!

More input is very welcome if anyone has some.

#7 ·
Well here's the results of my first detailing experiment on this vehicle.
The Meguiars Wheel Cleaner was not as good as I had hoped, but in combination with the wheel brush it seems to do the job.

The Meguiars Quick wax worked great for the wheels. No complaints.

The Meguiars Endurance High Gloss tire dressing seems pretty good. It is a gel so it is quite easy to apply (used the foam applicator in picture) It was 100+ today and it did spit a little back on the car. I am going to chalk it up to the heat for now.

The Absorber is absolutely fantastic. You can store it wet, throw in the washing machine with detergent, and it works really really well. Best 10$ I have spent in a while.

Attachments

#10 ·
Originally posted by Ski@Aug 17 2003, 07:35 PM
:clap2 Looks good!! Try some Black Magic Tire Wet on your treads sometime.. B)
yeah i can vouch for the black magic stuff. smells like cherrys, not that i was sniffing it.....

anyway it looks killer on my dad's volvo 960 :ph34r: i wish volvo would go back to rwd........merc. and bmw are the only companies that really are mostly rwd (in the us)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.