BMW Werkz banner

Atomic bird crap?

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Cavalier2123 
#1 ·
I am rather upset. I washed my car on Friday around 5pm and everything was looking good. The next time I saw my car was mid afternoon on Saturday and I noticed some rather black looking bird crap on the roof of my car. I immediately went and got it cleaned off....but noticed that in that time frame, it had ruined my paint. My paint is all rough to the touch, and looks like it has bubbled out (like it looks when you get rust underneath your paint).

I tried cleaning it off with car soap, tried Googone, and tried rubbing with various towels....but nothing is fixing this. I think my paint is ruined there.

Has anyone else had this atomic bird crap that can ruin paint in less than 24 hours? I have never seen this before.

#3 ·
I had that on my prior 320is! Stupid bird.
I just lived with it. Sorry to hear about yours.

#5 ·
yah my dad got that on the fender of his porsche, that stuff is terrible, it didn't bubble the paint but you can totally see the difference in color if you look at it, there's a reason to always cover your car when you leave it outside

#6 ·
Acidic Bird SHIT... I know... cleaning my car, right on the roof, found the typical splatter mark left after a bomb attack.

Damn birds, damn them to hell....

Dough

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.