Advice On Car Bra's - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Wash & Detail Keep your ride looking hot! Share your detailing ideas in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-01-2004, 11:39 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DaveW is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hello, I just put a colgan bra on the front of my E36 and it looks really nice! Reading through the instructions it reccomends you remove it after everytime it gets wet. How important is this? I live in MN and it's been fairly rainy lately and it's a real pain to take it on and off all the time. I suppose I could just leave it off, but then why did I buy it? Is it detrimental to the paint on my car or something big like that or is it just better for the leather on the bra? I'd really like to be able to just leave it on the car and eventually when the bra starts to fade I can just buy a new one... but I'm kinda worried about something happening to the cars finish because that's a little more expensive to repair...

Oh, and I know this is the wrong section, but on a side note, is there a difference between ASC and ASC+T?

Thanks much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
BavAuto.com sells invisble bra's. It's like thin nylon thing but protects the paint... takes a while to apply but you never have to worry about it getting ripped or anything.

i dont know much about normal leather or whatever ones.

#3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 12:37 AM
5th Gear Member

Silver4evr is an unknown quantity at this point
when the bra is left on during a rain, it won't dry on the underside very well and may stay damp causing mildew. Not only will the bra be damaged but the paint may get spots as well.

Since you're in a rainy area, I suggest looking into getting a clear bra put on. If you search the forum for "clear bra" (including the quotes) you'll find several on my posts (w/pictures) on that topic.

2004 E60 530is, Delivered 12/12/03, TiSilver/LGrey, PP, SP,PS, PDC, ACC, FRS, Step, Xenons, clear bra, body colored rear inserts. (Retired, 1983 henna red 320is)

2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition
#4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 11:08 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys, That helps!
#5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 10:11 PM
5th Gear Member

Let us know what you do.

2004 E60 530is, Delivered 12/12/03, TiSilver/LGrey, PP, SP,PS, PDC, ACC, FRS, Step, Xenons, clear bra, body colored rear inserts. (Retired, 1983 henna red 320is)

#6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 01:10 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
What I'm going to try to do for awhile is get a car cover and use that at night and just hope it doesn't rain during the day. Hopefully that will work pretty well. If it becomes too much of a hassle I'll have to try plan B. And I'll figure that one out when I get to it.

Thanks.
#7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 01:58 PM
5th Gear Member

when it rains at night, your car cover will be soaking wet. How are you going to take it off w/o getting wet yourself and where is it going to be stored during the day so it will dry out by the time you get home at night?

Clear bra kits are pretty cheap if you put it on yourself.

#8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 09:06 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Another concern with bras is the trapping of sand. So removing it now and then may be a good idea B)

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Wash & Detail