what happens if everyone did the speedlimit - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Video Vault A place to post your videos and sound clips. (please post your NWS videos in the members lounge)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 06:43 PM
ex owner/admin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
(Thread Starter)
what happens if everyone did the speedlimit

interesting to watch..

http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?u=...52067462745475

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Been here a while.

97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
Haha... saw earlier...

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
#3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 08:29 PM
3rd Gear Member

Tochenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Tochenzo
ahha thats funny...wonder if the speed limit will change

Tony

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673
1998 Hellrot 328i
#4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
I wish they'd just let people take some kind of test ... like driving around a race track in a certain amount of time, and if u make it, u get a exemption licence/huge car sticker allowing you to drive as fast as you want when on the highway. or something.

#5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 09:15 PM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque
I wish they'd just let people take some kind of test ... like driving around a race track in a certain amount of time, and if u make it, u get a exemption licence/huge car sticker allowing you to drive as fast as you want when on the highway. or something.

lol you think race car drivers get a discount because they know what their doing?

#6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
they should.

#7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Ljk619 is an unknown quantity at this point
I second Torque on that test idea.

Can we petition for that?
#8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 04:22 AM
ex owner/admin

(Thread Starter)
lol most that say YES do it, would fail so badly.. probably me included and i consider myself a pretty decent driver.

#9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Teh Peetsa Gai

ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
Unfortunately, by following the law, they actually were "breaking the law". That's the most messed up part about it.

I thought about this issue when i was in Germany cruising the autobahn every day....

The autobahn would NEVER work here. People are "given" their licenses here in the states, so it means nothing to them. In Germany, you have to go to school (not the gay driver's ed thing), and then PAY FOR IT!! Oh, and don't forget, legal limit for alcohol is .02 (yup, you heard me right, 1 beer) People in the states get themselves set and decide, "oh, I don't need insurance, registration, renew my license, etc"... "just a waste of money" They fuck it up for everyone else, and they are the craziest drivers. Anyways, it's too easy to get your license here in the states, and people will drive without a license anyways, and nothing happens to them.
You know who really pisses me off on the streets? Handicapped people who drive like a bat out of hell...
/rant
p.s. do I speed? yes, all the time. Here's the score...
Tickets-0
Adam-6 yrs on road

'86 325es (TURTL3): PJ peetsa hawler
'87 535is (BADWATER): almost done... really.
'86 325e (GRN HLL): DD/show/rocket
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
#10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Millions of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsbeaker
Unfortunately, by following the law, they actually were "breaking the law". That's the most messed up part about it.

I thought about this issue when i was in Germany cruising the autobahn every day....

The autobahn would NEVER work here. People are "given" their licenses here in the states, so it means nothing to them. In Germany, you have to go to school (not the gay driver's ed thing), and then PAY FOR IT!! Oh, and don't forget, legal limit for alcohol is .02 (yup, you heard me right, 1 beer) People in the states get themselves set and decide, "oh, I don't need insurance, registration, renew my license, etc"... "just a waste of money" They fuck it up for everyone else, and they are the craziest drivers. Anyways, it's too easy to get your license here in the states, and people will drive without a license anyways, and nothing happens to them.
You know who really pisses me off on the streets? Handicapped people who drive like a bat out of hell...
/rant
p.s. do I speed? yes, all the time. Here's the score...
Tickets-0
Adam-6 yrs on road[
You need to go faster.

#11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Teh Peetsa Gai

ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
^^noted.

oh yeah, I drive an eta, remember?

'86 325es (TURTL3): PJ peetsa hawler
'87 535is (BADWATER): almost done... really.
'86 325e (GRN HLL): DD/show/rocket
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
#12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Millions of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsbeaker
^^noted.

oh yeah, I drive an eta, remember?
i drive a m20a e34. u have no right to talk about the slowness of your car when i'm around. lol

i managed a ticket tho. 2 years, 1 ticket. not too bad i guess.

#13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Neutral Member

BMW///MPower is on a distinguished road
Man, Im moving to Germany. Good driver, Autobahns, Alpine twisty roads (my favorate), Life would be good. Exept for the part that I dont speek German and I dont feel like paying $5 a gollon for gas, $2 + is more then enough for me. If I would go to Germany, I would go (on the autobahn ofcores) straight to Bavaria (you all know what Im talking about, this is a BMW forum after all). Its funny because when I tell people about this, they always reply "Whats in Bavaria?" Loosers!

Live like your ///Powered
#14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 09:32 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque
i drive a m20a e34. u have no right to talk about the slowness of your car when i'm around. lol.
yeah....

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Video Vault