M3 being followed by a YZF-R1 in the twisties - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Video Vault A place to post your videos and sound clips. (please post your NWS videos in the members lounge)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Sodium Chloride

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
(Thread Starter)
M3 being followed by a YZF-R1 in the twisties

YouTube - YAMAHA YZF-R1 vs BMW M3(?)

so dont get me wrong, im almost positive they arent racing, just chasing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
M3s outhandle R1's....its physics...4 tires > 2 so if they really were racing it would be believeable as he is pulling away in the turns..but the bike > the m3 on acceleration and top speed

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotKRAUT
M3s outhandle R1's....its physics...4 tires > 2 so if they really were racing it would be believeable as he is pulling away in the turns..but the bike > the m3 on acceleration and top speed
this might be... im not master in physics but my guess would be the extra weight of the m3 would level the playing field in the corners... and only reason i said they werent racing is that the bike never even trys and push it to redline to shift... hes just kind of cruising it looks like... could just be an amateur rider though... (not saying i would be any ballzier)
#4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 04:03 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
YouTube - Jeremy Clarkson - Bike vs. Porsche

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:26 AM
Sodium Chloride

(Thread Starter)
thats incredible bull... i really am surprised... i take back my words of that the bike would beat the car... but im still not sure that they are racing though, as the other bike just flies past them both at that one point in the video...
#6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 02:40 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
as i stated, the bike has wayyyyyyyyyy better acceleration, but the car has better traction...this argument has gone on for years...ultimately the bike wins the lap times, but its not due to handling, just brute acceleration...

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 02:40 AM
5th Gear Member

BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to BMWJNKY Send a message via Yahoo to BMWJNKY
I showed a guy on a street bike which is faster through an offramp last summer I don't think he expected my E30 to go railing past him, wish I could of seen the look on his face. Of course once I reset the cruise control back to 70 he did a flyby, guess it made him feel better about getting schooled by a car that was almost old enough to vote.
#8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 02:41 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

haha i was there...in the pass seat, coming back from the airport...freakin humiliated him haha

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:17 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
It would really depend on the track. More straights, the porsche wouldve been had. I saw that show on the bewb-tube a long time ago and figured someone would have it on youtube, I was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit
I showed a guy on a street bike which is faster through an offramp last summer I don't think he expected my E30 to go railing past him, wish I could of seen the look on his face. Of course once I reset the cruise control back to 70 he did a flyby, guess it made him feel better about getting schooled by a car that was almost old enough to vote.
thats funny, sport bike guys are usually pretty cocky, I'd have liked to been there too...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

we both saw him dodge into the turn on the ramp and alex rev matched it down to third and stood on it all the way around the ramp, the bike was leaning in harrrrrrd on the turn but we still flew past him like he was standing still, just saw his little projector headlights shrink in the rear view, we both immediately started laughing, i remember seeing the guys helmet snap over to look at us as we went flying past him

priceless...we were exhausted too as we just flew back into town from working pit crew at one of the grand am races last season, it was a good pick me up...

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 12:56 AM
n00b

madcow540 is on a distinguished road
im not doubting anyones driving skills on this forum, but being a bmw owner and an avid motorcyclist, i feel i need to set the record straight on this one. i've done numerous track days in car and on bikes, and a car will not out handle a bike. where i live there is a group of guys that take part in what they call leafing, thats racing around the clover leaf exits on the highway. the fastest ive ever seen a car go around this without going off the road was 65. these guys have been clocked over 90. now i dont agree with this activity on public streets cause its illegal...lol, but if anyone wants to test out the truth behind this and put their driving abilities to the test, or to make a liar out of me, i have $1000.00 that says within 4 laps the bike will not only have left you behind but come backaround to ride your tail. again please dont take this as an attack on anyones driving ability, its just something i've seen proven time and time again. with the same result every time......the bike way out front.
#12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 01:11 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Thanks for clearing it out. We've been waiting for an answer for two years...

#13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 02:03 AM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
^ specially a wrong awnser it is basic physics.... 4>2 = car better

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 11:54 AM
n00b

madcow540 is on a distinguished road
well come show me then, nobody has been able to yet ! and as far as your basic physics....the numbers dont lie, a car is only gonna pull at most .9g's where a bike can get a little over 1g on the skid pad. so you tell me where this basic physics comes into play. now i will say at very high speeds a high end car will out perform a bike in traction due to the large amount of down force. but at the speeds shown in this video the bike will take it all day long.

oh and i knew it was an old post but i still wanted to add my 2 cents
#15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 12:08 PM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
I have somethign to add here. my buddy jsut purchased a R1. Has 600 miles or so. He has been riding for 2 years or so. Not the best rider, but not bad.

We took my 318 and his R1 out some twisties locally. Obviously he pulled on me like a mother fucker on the straights but through most turns he was saying i was pulling away, or even with him.

Obviously he could have pushed it a little harder as could I, but saying its that much of a difference in turns is dumb.

Friend even admits cars>bikes with handling.

of course i have yet to track, but from videos i have seen. ?

anyone else?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Video Vault