Gotta see this m3 race car - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Video Vault A place to post your videos and sound clips. (please post your NWS videos in the members lounge)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 01:27 AM
/Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
(Thread Starter)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 01:42 AM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
i want to do that
#3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 02:19 AM
The Messican

MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
very nice, and could one of the gearheads on werkz step in and explain why the car sounds like that? apperantly its the tranny? someone explain please...NOW

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness
#4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 02:41 AM
68th gear and shifting

superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to superdeadman
repost but its ok
we still love you

member and partial creator of the Pimpin' The Auto club
Quote:
m20 pwr: "oh yeah baby, pour some acid on my penis"

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
and most of all have fun driving"
#5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 05:35 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
lolerz @ 5:55. gives some sort of Dutch hand signal saying "haha, I lapped you in 4 times around this track, now get outta my way, so I can collect my trophy". The sound would almost have to be something from the final drive output shaft, or rear end, because him shifting has no effect on the sound, just overall speed. I'm sure that dash we see is about the only interior piece on this car. So the sound is amplified by bare metal. BTW, ratchet shifter FTW...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 06:00 AM
/Banned

preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelACA
very nice, and could one of the gearheads on werkz step in and explain why the car sounds like that? apperantly its the tranny? someone explain please...NOW
I think its the gear syncros.
#7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
Quote:
Originally Posted by preyash
I think its the gear syncros.
umm no, syncros has nothing to do with it...

in your car at home the gears are cut at sort of an angle to engage into each other (except for your reverse gear),,, your reverse gear (like the final drive in the racecar) are straight cut which means they arent at an angle and just kind of mesh into each other... if you have ever reversed fast enough to hear your car kinda make a strange sound, that is your straight cut reverse gear... its basicly instead of the quiet angled cut gears in the daily driver car, he has straight cut (sounds like final drive but may be transmission) gears in his car... im not positive at the benifits of this, but my guess is that it A) may give less resistance in the gears making the transistion from crank to wheels less lossful (is that a word?) or B) it may be able to hold more power then the angled gears as they dont have weak points...
#8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
straight cut (spur) gears as opposed to helical found in normal cars. helical mesh at an angle, therefore less noise:

spur

helical

Back when I used to live in the motherland, my dad had a Zastava 750 (Fiat 600 for all intents and purposes with you guys), and that thing had a straight cut, unsynchronized 1st gear. You could hear it climbing the hill to our house from a good mile away.
#9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Salt and Emir got it.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
thats the BMW S42 motor which makes 315bhp@8400rpm from a NA 2.0L and has straight cut gears and a sequential gear box... thats what the whining is

Dutch supercar series woot

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!

Last edited by gotKRAUT; 04-03-2007 at 05:29 PM.
#11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 12:59 AM
The Messican

MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
o ok, thanks guys

#12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 02:13 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
by the way, its not an M3 you retard lol...its a 320 STW 4 door no joke it even says so in the vid...you should be shot for making that kind of mistake...

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!

Last edited by gotKRAUT; 04-04-2007 at 02:17 AM.
#13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 04:40 AM
/Banned

(Thread Starter)
I know man, u can just tell by lookin at the dashboard, it doenst have the second airbag. But the title of the video on the youtube got me.
Its a 320 rite
#14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 02:02 PM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
Quote:
Originally Posted by preyash
I know man, u can just tell by lookin at the dashboard, it doenst have the second airbag. But the title of the video on the youtube got me.
Its a 320 rite
lol the title doesnt say anything about an m3, what are you smokin man?
#15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 06:52 PM
The Messican

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotKRAUT
by the way, its not an M3 you retard lol...its a 320 STW 4 door no joke it even says so in the vid...you should be shot for making that kind of mistake...
owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan
lol the title doesnt say anything about an m3, what are you smokin man?

owned²

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Video Vault