could this video be real? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Video Vault
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Video Vault A place to post your videos and sound clips. (please post your NWS videos in the members lounge)

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2006, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
LYFE SUCK5

Car: 2008 Infiniti G35
Photos:
Ivan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
could this video be real?

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=559796465&n=2

i mean since when do airbags deploy so easily?
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
I am Teh Edumacator.

Car: 1999 Dinan 540i/6, 1995 Dinan 749
Photos:
Teh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
LOL, no, I've seen it before and read that it was a setup. Pretty funny, though.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
Teh Prof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
my car is red

Car: 94 325i, 84 325e
Photos:
94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
repost?

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
94BMW325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
That is staged, but something like that could happen.

A airbag will go off if the car hits a still object at more than 15mph (I think) ... I mean if you got something solid in the bag and hit the sensor there is definitely a possibility.
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Car:
Photos:
dutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dutchbmw
It depends on the delay of the impact. So for example it deploys from a 10G delay and up. (I actually don't know the right value)
Originally Posted by Torque
I was just dropped off here by aliens one day. They got bored with me.
dutchbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
68th gear and shifting

Car: a lot of broken ones
Photos:
superdeadman has a spectacular aura aboutsuperdeadman has a spectacular aura aboutsuperdeadman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to superdeadman
well let see
say you stop in like .1 of a second
a=v/t
say you going 15mph = 25kmh= 7 m/s or so
so a = 7/.1 = 70gs

so yeah.. approximately 70gs to deploy airbag unless the stopping time is like close to a second, then it'll be closer to 10 gs
i pretty much see no way that a grandma can apply 70gs with her purse
so yeha - video = BS

member and partial creator of the Pimpin' The Auto club
Quote:
m20 pwr: "oh yeah baby, pour some acid on my penis"

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
and most of all have fun driving"
superdeadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
I am Teh Edumacator.

Photos:
Teh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud of
I'm pretty sure it takes more than 15mph to deploy airbags. I think this because I totalled my E39 528i by plowing it into a Ford E250 van at 25-30 mph and my airbags didn't deploy.

Of course, none of the other stuff that's supposed to happen in an E39 after an accident happened either...doors didn't unlock, blinkers didn't automatically turn on, etc.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

Lindsay fan club member.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Car:
Photos:
dutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dutchbmw
^In what time you went from 25mph - 0mph? It all depends on that.
Originally Posted by Torque
I was just dropped off here by aliens one day. They got bored with me.
dutchbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
da_administrator

Car: Its slow, gotta M20 in it
Photos:
da_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
It takes an impact from more than one of the many airbag sensors to deploy. Most cars actually are able to deploy at 8-14 mph. We had to deal with airbag stuff in the car audio world (reports and such telling where NOT to probe), and now in the limousine business I work for. Heres some more interesting reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbag#...ing_conditions

Safer airbags: Manufacturers have now went to higher deployment thresholds. Most airbags are set to deploy in crashes between 6 and 12 miles per hour. This is far too low. Numerous studies have shown that an airbag is not needed unless a crash is at least 18 mph. BMW, Mercedes, and Volvo have long had systems that deploy an airbag at 18 mph if the occupant is seat belted.

Fake video, btw. Airbags will deflate in less than one second as well. Funny, but fake...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
da_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
I am Teh Edumacator.

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchbmw
^In what time you went from 25mph - 0mph? It all depends on that.
Well, I T-boned him, so pretty darn quick.

Lindsay fan club member.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
LYFE SUCK5

Car: 2008 Infiniti G35
Photos:
Ivan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
btw those kids suck at skating
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Video Vault