China's military - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Video Vault A place to post your videos and sound clips. (please post your NWS videos in the members lounge)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 11:39 PM
5th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Live_the_Curves is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
China's military

Just something I ran into while browsing Google. Pretty crazy, I think we are witnessing the birth of another super-power.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...16285861816122
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
shiiiiit i think your right! i know they sure as hell have enough recuits there also... plus they arent all fat asses like americans because they all ride bikes over there!
#3 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 12:00 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
That propaganda video honestly doesn't impress me at all. Most of that was rather old technology. The real threat from China is economic, not military.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 12:14 AM
5th Gear Member

RexKing86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to RexKing86
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3UOND
That propaganda video honestly doesn't impress me at all. Most of that was rather old technology. The real threat from China is economic, not military.
+1

#5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 02:36 AM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
we would whoop their asses
#6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 06:43 AM
5th Gear Member

zeaq has a spectacular aura about zeaq has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to zeaq Send a message via MSN to zeaq Send a message via Yahoo to zeaq
China Military> US.

My BMW 328i- AC Schnitzer Spoiler, Blaupunkt Stereo,Angel eyes(CCFL), M technik Lower Lip.

928 GTS- Stock
Z
#7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 09:16 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeaq
China Military> US.

In terms of size? Yes. In terms of technology, tactics, and experience? Nowhere close. Those last three things matter more, because while they may have a million man army, we have more than a million bullets, and they're very, very interesting bullets.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

Lindsay fan club member.
#8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 12:39 PM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeaq
China Military> US.
thats the funniest thing ive read all day:lol:
#9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan
thats the funniest thing ive read all day:lol:
Dude, he's right.

They can eat way more rice than the US army.

#10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 01:34 AM
5th Gear Member

zeaq has a spectacular aura about zeaq has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to zeaq Send a message via MSN to zeaq Send a message via Yahoo to zeaq
Quote:
In terms of size? Yes. In terms of technology, tactics, and experience? Nowhere close. Those last three things matter more, because while they may have a million man army, we have more than a million bullets, and they're very, very interesting bullets.

China has secret military bases. We might not know what weapon they have

My BMW 328i- AC Schnitzer Spoiler, Blaupunkt Stereo,Angel eyes(CCFL), M technik Lower Lip.

928 GTS- Stock
Z
#11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 06:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Trevize will become famous soon enough Trevize will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Trevize
Quote:

We have all our latest and greatest tactics, technology and show it all off our experience in our TV commercials too. Oh wait. Ya that's secret stuff.

While I think you are probably correct. The US military is ahead of the Chinese I don't think the gap is all that big and certainly not is big as we'd like to believe.

War with China would by a hugely bad idea.

And as another poster already said. Our issue with China isn't military, it's economic. If any military action ever happened with us and China, China would just forclose all the loans they have given the US and bankrupt us. Then we wouldn't be able to buy oil for our military. Oddly our armed forces need oil....
#12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 09:01 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

War with China would in fact be a hugely bad idea, and I haven't seen anybody say it would be a good one. There are far more effective ways of turning them into a democracy.

By the way, I was not just the poster who said we would beat them militarily, I was also the poster who said the true issue is economic.

Lindsay fan club member.
#13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 07:55 PM
5th Gear Member

Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold
I agree that the threat is an economic one. If they did try to start a war, however, I would put my money on the US. Not a single thing in that video was that impressive, just a bunch of wasted, communist taxpayers' money.

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Video Vault