updated torrent tut w/ updated pics - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > Site > Test Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Test Forum If in doubt test your post in here first! Post counts do not count. This forum is emptied periodically!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2006, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation updated torrent tut w/ updated pics

Disclaimer: I can not be held liable for any damages or injuries incurred through the use of this tutorial, software or anything you download. This is not meant to serve as a aid in acquiring illegal software or music. Void where prohibited by law. No warranty is implied, applied or stated. Use at your own risk.

I know a lot of you have struggled with torrents so I decided to make a tutorial for all those that never figured it out:

NOTE: Some screens may differ due to my usage of version .56 as opposed to the newest one, but generally it should be pretty similar. I'm running a download now, but if anyone gets stuck big time, I'll download the new one and re-do the first part of this.

THE SOFTWARE
First, we start off by getting a bittorrent client (software). There are many; my weapon of choice is BitLord which we get from BitLord - The Ultimate Torrent Downloader

Click the GET IT NOW! Box.

Pick the free version (or the .56 version at the bottom if this one doesn't work for you -- I still use .56, so some screens might differ.)
This is what the main screen should look like after starting the program. (Ignore the download going in mine -- that is today's TopGear)

Go into Options>Preferences

Change options to reflect what you see here. The listening port thing doesn't matter as long as it is left ON!

THE DOWNLOAD
Go to mininova : the ultimate bittorrent source! , and search for whatever it is you want to download. Here, we are looking for the newest top gear, therefore we put in top gear, and after we get results we click the word "Added" to sort by date added. We then find the newest episode.

Click the name of it.

That will take you to another page.
Click the name to initiate the torrent-tracker download.

No need to save this, so just let it open with default aplication (which should be BitLord):

When it opens, choose where to save your actual download by hitting Browse. When done, hit OK -- your download should start.

If your download hasn't started, right click it's name and hit START. Also right click again and go to priority>high.

IF YOURS ISN'T WORKING, make sure you are allowing BitLord to go past your firewall and establish a connection:

You can remove the task after the download is done (don't hit task and file .. for obvious reasons), but it is advised you leave it on for a hour or 2 to allow others to download from you for a while.

Any questions you may have, either pm me or post in this thread.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

Car: '87 325es M50tu Swapped
Photos:
gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
FYI............ test forum.................

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
gotKRAUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > Site > Test Forum