Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires - Page 3 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Product Reviews A place to review purchased products and new products for your BMW.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 06:38 AM
5th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jimmythepie jimmythepie jimmythepie jimmythepie
on my way buddy,size nines coming at cha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 08:14 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
Boo! Rats that's too bad really

Another chance will present itself i'm sure!

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#33 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 05:19 AM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
(Thread Starter)
What are your thoughts about these two options?
The ACs don't have any rubber on them at all, are smaller but wider, and I think they'd give the car a nice look, but I aren't known for my good taste, is their style aging too much?
I also want to get away from wheels that are hard to keep clean.
Our operators are waiting to take your calls, the lines are now open.
#34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 08:02 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
I like the first ones much better but that's me and they will be much harder to clean (barring an excellent tool) from the looks of them. That's my 2 cents...price difference?

RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 05:26 AM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
(Thread Starter)
Well I am reviving this thread again. I have bid on and won a set of Styling 176 wheels for my E38 740iL
These are a staggered set 19x9 front & 19 x10 rear which currently have (Continental Sport Contact 2) 245x45x19 front & 275x40x19 rear. Picked them up for a princely sum of $285 Australian, probably because the guy selling them messed up the sizes of the wheels and understated them as 19x8 & 19x10. I am happy, just need to get them shipped to me from Brisbane to Melbourne (another $110). Still a good buy (I thinks).

Once the Continentals are worn out I'll be arranging a set of the Vredestien Ultrac Sessanta to go these wheels.

Any suggestions on how to best keep these wheels clean?
#36 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 02:32 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

Awesome! Great lookin' wheels! I suggest using a paintbrush to keep them clean. And obviously be sure and watch those front ones as brake dust is a killer on that beautiful finish. Congrats - and Vredsteins coming too - yay mate!

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#37 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 02:51 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
look into the Mothers wheel tool. its a small rotating brush that is battery powered. A good coat of wheel wax and then hit them with the brush, should be able to keep them clean relatively easy.

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#38 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 03:36 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

Wheel wax! Now there's some mythic thing I always heard about - especially with my old OEM chrome wheels (mesh and 2" deep). It was hard to wax - always too hot, too cold, how do I control this mess, etc. And so it never happened. Try though - hear it's great - seriously. And that tool sounds awesome too. Still likin" your new wheelz...! Way to go Brett!

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#39 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 06:34 AM
42, The meaning of life

(Thread Starter)
Cool Off with the 61 and on with the 176

Well I have fit the "new" wheels and here is the result.
Old Style 61

New Style 176

There is 2/3rd of SFA space between the top of the front tire and the base of the front suspension bracket, well about 1 - 2 cm, and there was a funny sound from the rear when I first started driving, but when I checked the pressure in these tires they were down to around 20psi, bumped them back to 35psi and all is as I expected.

The funny thing is my wife was out today when I did the change over, and she hasn't noticed any changes, even though we went out to basketball in my car.

So now we are running 245x45x19 (9" rim) & 275x40x19 (10" rim), and I am not happy with the little amount of tire overhang to protect the rims from any gutter contact. Anyway it is what it is until the next set of rubber is due. It will be interesting to see how these tires improve the off the mark traction loss issues experienced with the 235x60x16" tires.

Melbourne has these funny Freeway access ramp traffic lights which restrict two lanes of traffic to one car per lane per light change, with a variable delay between each light change, so it's basically two lanes into one after 60-80m, with both drivers wanting to be in front. So each day on my way home, there is a situation where there is a state sponsored drag. I have been caught out a couple of time trying to put too much power down off the mark, the traction control kicks in and I very quickly fall behind.
#40 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 10:21 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Wow, that's gotta be a bit frustrating about the traffic control. But the new wheels look nice!

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#41 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Help from over the pond

marti5 is on a distinguished road
Dont go much on the traffic control system, very strange, knock it in to manual you should fly then...

VELVET BLUE UK INDIVIDUAL , IM THE LAST
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!
#42 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 08:24 AM
42, The meaning of life

(Thread Starter)
Just how tight is it?

OK next question, how tight are the DSC tolerances as far as rolling diameter goes? There was a comment a while back that it was ridiculous how little difference would upset the DSC, but do we have any firm documentation on what it actually is? At the moment I am looking at 245/40/19(679mm) & 275/35/19(675mm), but the 245 & 255/40/19(687mm) are the same price. The rolling diameter gets out of whack from +4mm to +12mm (0.7% versus 1.7%). Has anyone come up against this situation before and found out the facts?
#43 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Mr. Clean

BimmerE39 will become famous soon enough
Garage
Style 32's for sure.
#44 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 10:09 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

I don't know the tolerance cutoff for DSC (& suspect it may vary by year and model), but there is also a cutoff for the car's auto flat tire detection programming. My M3 has 20's when it is set to max 19"s and the system measures the number of times the wheels rotate around to determine a flat and so the difference in size sets off the flat tire warning frequently when the computer calculates that the rotations are incorrect and show a flat tire. I am often pressing and holding that reset button - annoyed, as this happens. Before I knew this, I pulled over and was stupidly checking all 4 tires for a phantom flat (mode fun with such low profile tires!).

This stuff aside, I really like the new shoes and am glad the rubbing was only inflation related. Enjoy the new wheels - and take off the freakin' DSC and blow by the other bozos in rush hour off the on ramp line...

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Last edited by RoadsterMadness; 03-23-2010 at 10:22 AM.
#45 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 09:12 PM
42, The meaning of life

(Thread Starter)
RM, what's the combination that you are running now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Product Reviews