Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires - Page 2 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Product Reviews A place to review purchased products and new products for your BMW.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 01:12 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
See - with me that's three for #3!

Also looks like I found a hookup for new Vredsteins on my M3 - the prior owner, now a friend, has a great neighbor who owns a shop. His father has them on his 535i and his brother on his E55 AMG Benz. Great quality and value too! Nice find Brettski!

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 03:59 PM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the feedback on the wheels guys, as RM said 3 from 3 for number 3. I guess it will come down to how much the 32s go for on eBay.

So far the only supplier of these the Vredsteins tires in Australia carry the Agricultural products, but I'll see if I can work on them to bring in a set with their next shipment.
#18 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 06:23 AM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
(Thread Starter)
Well the 32s went for crazy money, and I think I might sit tight on doing anything until I get closer to actually needing some new rubber. In the mean time I'll keep an eye on EBay and see what comes up. Most of the genuine 18" wheels are for the X3, X5 or 3 series. At this time it also appears that Vredestein car tires aren't represented here in Australia at all. Maybe I'll have to look at something like the Toyo Proxes T1R in 285/40ZR18 (Rear) & 255/45ZR18 (Front).
I am pretty sure that Marti5 is running a similar tire on his 735i, so hopefully it will be good to go. Anyone else had experience of the T1R rubber?
#19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Help from over the pond

marti5 is on a distinguished road
Yep, thats what Im running on and have no problems whatsoever, dry, cold, hot, rain, ice, dont know about snow yet as we havent had any, I have even purchased a spare set which are in my garage as I got a good discount.

VELVET BLUE UK INDIVIDUAL , IM THE LAST
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!
#20 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 07:42 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettski View Post
At this time it also appears that Vredestein car tires aren't represented here in Australia at all.
Well that stinks after all your efforts. I know I had several misses and unavailable sources before finding a good price for now on a Southern California store's web site. The shipping is a little pricey but hey, tires are big and I need them shipped across the U.S. I am giving my local connection a chance to match or beat the price. Also getting a lot of wifey flak over getting 4 new tires instead of 2 -(sidewall has a deep cut on one of the fronts that has me uneasy.

Anyway - good luck with Toyos for now Brettski and keep an eye out for Vredsteins (maybe drop them an email?? They might love the business opportunity in a new market and might just reward you...). As the company grows, I can't imagine why they'd not do some business down under! Letvua know how you like the new Toyos whn you get them. Good luck -

RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#21 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Help from over the pond

marti5 is on a distinguished road
Brettski, how much did the 32 style go for ?.

VELVET BLUE UK INDIVIDUAL , IM THE LAST
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!
#22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 10:27 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

I can get you vredsteins in australia !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettski View Post
Thanks for the feedback on the wheels guys, as RM said 3 from 3 for number 3. I guess it will come down to how much the 32s go for on eBay.

So far the only supplier of these the Vredsteins tires in Australia carry the Agricultural products, but I'll see if I can work on them to bring in a set with their next shipment.
My local tire guy can get you vredsteins. Will send you an email

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#23 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 02:10 PM
42, The meaning of life

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marti5 View Post
Brettski, how much did the 32 style go for ?.
Just under $1200, plus there would have been another $160 for delivery. A little rich for my current finances.
#24 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 02:41 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

Brettski PM in 5 mins from me with details on how to contact my tire dealer who I'm heading over to see now as to whether wider rears will fit on my M3. I told him you have a 7 series and he said he apparently has multiple contacts in Australia so get a quote before you go Toyos after all this...

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#25 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 05:26 AM
42, The meaning of life

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsterMadness View Post
Brettski PM in 5 mins from me with details on how to contact my tire dealer who I'm heading over to see now as to whether wider rears will fit on my M3. I told him you have a 7 series and he said he apparently has multiple contacts in Australia so get a quote before you go Toyos after all this...
So what was the outcome MR, what size can you shoe horn under the M3, and what size rims are you running on the back?
Just how much heat are you going to get from the fun police over this?
#26 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 07:21 AM
42, The meaning of life

(Thread Starter)
Well this topic just revived itself in a obtuse way. One of the two contacts for Vredestein in Australia only imports tires for classic cars (the other contact only does agricultural tires), and who originally rejected my attempts for him to bring in a set of Ultratrac Sassante with one of his orders, just happened to have a daughter in the same ballet classes as my little girl. I just happened to sit next to him tonight at their end of year ballet presentation and only discovered who he was by chance, so now after getting to know him and a bit of a chat, he is willing to include a set with one of his coming orders.

So, am I supposed to have these tires or what?
#27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 10:25 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
How cool is that!

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#28 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 11:36 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

Yay! Go forth and get those tires. As for me, the 295 30 ZR 20's fit, but rub wihlth a passenger in back so I'm staying with the 275's and love them! Great deal for you!

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#29 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 05:29 AM
42, The meaning of life

(Thread Starter)
SO, what's the general consensus on width front and back for the E38?
#30 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 06:35 AM
42, The meaning of life

(Thread Starter)
Must concentrate

Dooh!!!!!!!!
I need to get my act together. I have been looking for a set of used 18" or 19" rims to go on the E38, so that I can then get some of these tires. Anyway, a set of Styling 92 showed up, 19x9 + 19x10 (just the size I want) on Ebay starting at $200, I misread the finishing time and was away with the inlaws for an early Christmas function at the real closing time. Nobody bid on them, and the guy has turned around and sold them to someone else who rang him after the auction had failed. Doube Dooh!!! Can someone come over and help kick me in the butt??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Product Reviews