BMW Werkz banner

Review Of Conforti Chip

18K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  witeshark 
#1 ·
Ok, I bought the chip from Turnermotorsport.com and had no troubles with them at all. I ordered it online, got free 2nd day air shipping and an email confirmation within minutes. The next day I recieved an email with the tracking number.

[attachmentid=19468]

It was not too hard to install and I have a DIY for the installation. So a search and I am sure you will find it. "DIY for Installing a chip" It also tells you how to find your ECU number so that you can order your chip. I needed that number and the production date(from inside the doorsill)

1) Acceleration - First off, there is not a huge difference in acceleration. Is it noticable, yes, but don't expect it to throw you in your seat or anything(it is not a turbo).

2) Redline - It does however change your redline from 6300 to 7000. This allows you to get to 60 faster as you can extend the time in 1st and 2nd slightly. I got to 60 without needing to shift to third. Most of your new power will come around 3000 rpm. It definately gives the car some more pep.

3) Topspeed - Also you are now not limited to 129 and can go whatever you want (that the car can handle) I have heard as much as 150+. Will I ever go that fast, no.

So overall is the chip worth the $250. I say yes.

I am going to be doing some more things to the car and think that this is a needed mod. Would I only do the chip......well maybe. I think that the chip with other things should pay off well, but by itself it really is up to the person.

If anyone has any other questions that are not answered here or in my DIY feel free to PM and ask me.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the Review. I got a JC chip I bought during X-mas, but I haven't installed yet due to the fact that I want to install my O2 pump and thermostat first. At least it gives me a good idea of what's to come.

#4 ·
how did it affect your gas mileage?

#5 ·
I have not had it in for long enough to tell, but I kept track of it when i was using 89 octane then when i switched to 91 octane and now i will see how the tank goes with the 91 and the chip. I have a feeling that not too much, except that I tend to get on the throttle a bit more right now. I will update this in a week or so and let you know.

#6 ·
I figured I would update this a bit with fuel consumption info.

I was using 89 octane and with the chip and 91 octane their is not a real difference. I may get 1 mpg lower on one tank and about the same as no chip on another tank. It all depends on how you drive the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.