Noah Car Cover - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Product Reviews A place to review purchased products and new products for your BMW.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 02:06 PM
5th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Silver4evr is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I recently purchased a Noah car cover from my dealer with "BMW" printed on the front of it. It fits my car well and does what I need it to do as I temporarily have to park outside 24/7. Living in Ca, the cover really won't be tested for its all-weather characterics and it's definitely not a heavy weight cover for the snow and other bad weather conditions.

An excellent outdoor/indoor car cover, Covercraft’s Noah® car cover delivers on all your vehicle-covering requirements. An impact-free inner layer of polyethylene/nylon blend is gentle on your car’s finish. The central layer of the fabric is waterproof yet vapor-porous, employing microscopic pinholes too small for water and dust but big enough for moisture vapor to escape. The exterior is polypropylene/polyethylene spunbond, durable and UV-resistant.

Features:
• One-way breathable, so trapped moisture leaves but airborne water and dust can’t come in
• Custom made for your vehicle
• A patent-pending construction process, using the all-weather durable Noah® material
• An easy fabric to fold and store, this mid-weight material offers some impact resistance
• Equipped with grommets for a tie-down cable and the antenna
• Will fit all factory-style spoilers up to three-inches tall
• Available in heat resistant Silver Grey
• Four-year warranty

Mine came with a plastic cover cut-out for viewing the license plate. In addition, a storage bag was included. I haven't used it because it would take too much time to roll up the cover to get it to fit in the bag. Oddly, the bag was attached to an underside rear seam by two nylon straps (not so soft, by the way). After putting the cover on the car, the bag kinda hung down below the cover. I cut
off the straps because having it rub against the paint was not in my plans. mmmm....weird.

Anyway, the cover is doing what it's supposed to do, even though when putting it on and taking it off rubs against the paint. The underside of the cover is fairly soft but when folding/unfolding it, you still have at least 10-15lbs of material moving on your paint.

Bottom line, your entire car should be pretty much spotless before you put on the cover. Since the cover is porous, some moisture does get through, so when the cover is taken off, you may see some spotting on your window and paint.

2004 E60 530is, Delivered 12/12/03, TiSilver/LGrey, PP, SP,PS, PDC, ACC, FRS, Step, Xenons, clear bra, body colored rear inserts. (Retired, 1983 henna red 320is)

2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 07:40 PM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
I've been using the cover for a few weeks. I washed it by putting it on the car and spraying it pretty good with the hose to get all the bird doo and other spots off.

That worked pretty well.

I'm satisfied so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000512.jpg
Views:	2066
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	10223  

2004 E60 530is, Delivered 12/12/03, TiSilver/LGrey, PP, SP,PS, PDC, ACC, FRS, Step, Xenons, clear bra, body colored rear inserts. (Retired, 1983 henna red 320is)

#3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 03:51 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Slvr e39
Ah..that is a very fine cover you have there. I am getting one myself but before I do I need to know a quick question...Is it hard to put on and off? Is it such a hassel that you dont do it sometimes?

Dinan Stg 2 Phoenix Yellow M3
#4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 07:38 AM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
The only reason I wouldn't put it on is if I didn't have time to dust the car before. Sometimes a QD is needed for some bird crap also. It takes but a few minutes to put it on. It's really worth the small effort to protect the paint and to reduce detailing time.

Other than that, it's pretty easy to put on, especially if it's rolled up well.

To take it off:
undo the corners
fold up one side(the length of the car) until it's on top of the car
fold up the other side until the cover is about 3 feet wide for the length of the car
Somethimes I have to go back and forth to get just right.
then start rolling it up from front to back, giving it a tuck here and there

When done I put it in the trunk for easy access. The only problem I have now is that since I used Solar Polish the paint is so smooth that the cover slide around a bit more than it used to. I have to be more careful so the cover doesn't slide onto the ground before I get it rolled up.

After removal, since the cover is porous, some window cleaning is necessary because as you move the cover around, some of the dirt gets smudged on your windows. Again, it's still better than having to QD the whole car each day (or twice a day) if it's parked outside as mine is (temporarily).

#5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 09:00 PM
5th Gear Member

d3ity will become famous soon enough d3ity will become famous soon enough
I also have this product, I love it, its the greatest car cover ever.

Also, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! it tells you a way to store/remove the car cover that takes around 3 seconds to put back on, and take off.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TiddlyPlatypus.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Product Reviews