BMW Werkz banner

New Spark Plug Wires For All You E30er's(Bavauto Plug Wires)

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  fj-cruizer 
#1 ·
Let me start out by saying that I have owned a vast array of spark plug wires. The first being the oringinal Bosch OEM spark plug wires. They were good, but not great, so naturally i was looking for a new, more high performance wire. I turned to my trusty company who has never let me down in the past, Bavarian Autosport. They sell a nice high performance 8mm wire. I purchased the wires with Bosch platinum +4 and the car ran great. The only problem was when i was installing the wires one of the leads kinda of got screwed up. The connection on the Bavauto wires is pretty worthless to be honest with you. They are not durable. Just last week when i went to look at the spark plugs, I had taken off a wire and the connection completely broke. I used those wires for about a year and was pleased but I always knew that I wasn't getting the best connection.

So just a few days ago I purchased BMPD's spark plug wires. Let me say this, with the the bavauto wires my car ran great, now it runs awesome. I can honestly say that these are the best wires I have ever used. The connections are durable and they look great. My car idles smoother, and it now pulls all the way to 6500 rpm with authority.

I am very pleased with this product and I wanted my fellow E30 people, or even the other guys out there to check these wires out. Best 160 dollars I have ever spent!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
agreed bav auto wires are trash...

so just to finish up this thread I want to say that Bavarian Auto 8mm plug wires are complete garbage.

First of all one of the connectors broke while I was installing them...took me hours to fix.

The day after I put the new wires on I began to notice a bit of a missfire/sputter. So to fix it I made sure all the wires had a good connection with the plugs and cap. This fixed it for a couple weeks then after that time I would run into the problem again, so I would tighten and temporarily fix the problem.

After about a month of using them the "sputtering" got worse and worse until I almost couldn't drive.

Tonight I replaced them with Ireland Engineering wires and I just got back from the "test drive" and she runs like the day she came off the lot 15 years ago (ok so I don't know that, but she no longer sputters...) On this test drive I tried everything from punching it in all 5 gears, reving the engine hard, and flying up a hill with a 26% grade....and not one sputter. So as far as I can tell right now the problem is fixed and it's confirmed that Bavarian auto wires are no good...at least the set that I got.

Not to mention she feels a little "zippier" with the Ireland Engineering wires....

#3 ·
I concur w/the bavauto wires...They are literally garbage.Try taking an older/newer used Bosche wire and a pocket knife.Now start disecting the wire and boots w/yoyur knife.Although they're some aftermarket companies(ie Taylor)that make great wires....all in all I nearly wore my SOG pocket Knife out disecting those original Blue Bosche Plugs.My Bavaute $100.00-plus- plugs fell apart at contacts as well.It's Bosche for me.I will research the plugs you mentioned however.Thanks and happy wittleing...Cruizer...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.