Lucas Octane Booster - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Product Reviews
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Product Reviews A place to review purchased products and new products for your BMW.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2005, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
What? No Autobahn?

Car: 2001 M5
Photos:
jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile
Send a message via ICQ to jrhaile Send a message via AIM to jrhaile Send a message via MSN to jrhaile
I ran Lucas Octane Booster this last time I filled up (http://www.autobarn.net/luocbo15oz.html), it cost me 8 bucks for this bottle at NAPA. Here's a coule of Q/As:

Q: Did you feel the difference?
A: YES! I really noticed the difference between 2500-4000RPMS. It just seemed t pick up and go better then normal.
Q: Would it be worth it to run this every time I fill up?
A: No. I would only run this maybe once every four fillups and before you plan on going out and racing if you race. It's good the engine to have higher octane in there every once in a while anyways. Cleans things up.
Q: I have engine knock and other weird sounds, should I try this?
A: Yes, you absolutley should! I wasn't having any problems before I ran this, but it's meant to clean up those problems.

I was 100% impressed with this stuff. What I did was, I ran my tank all the way down, put a 1/4 back in, about 4.5 gallons, put the booster in and then fille the rest of the way up to get it mixed good. I put in 92 Octane also because I have a JC Chip. I would recommend this for sure for those of you who are racer (not ricers) at heart :P It does get expensive though, so I'm only going to put in once every 4 fillups or when I plan on going out and racing. PM me if you have any more questions.

Old 04-17-2005, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
FYI, you really shouldn't run your tank all the way down. I know why you did it, but still. When you run it down below a gallon, or half gallon, your fuel pump will grab any crap that has settled in the bottom of your tank, and can lead to failure, or the need to change your fuel filter all the sooner.

Lucas products are great, I totally endorse them.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
dopeyx27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to dopeyx27
Ill back that up, Lucas is good. =D
dopeyx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car: 97 528i and 94 325i
Photos:
roguesniper1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to roguesniper1
Quote:
Originally posted by dopeyx27@Apr 20 2005, 12:55 AM
Ill back that up, Lucas is good. =D
[snapback]335258[/snapback]
Lucas can't beat redline. Plus don't use fuel injector cleaner unless you really need it. I would recommend using them quarterly. I use em every month, but I also drive about 3500 miles a month ghead
roguesniper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
bob1998ic is an unknown quantity at this point
I've added a gallon of toulene or xylene as a fuel injector cleaner slash octane raiser. Wonderful stuff. Do a google of either +Octane.
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Product Reviews