Ground Control - Bad Service - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Product Reviews A place to review purchased products and new products for your BMW.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Mr. Bacon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down Ground Control - Bad Service

Some of you might remember I had problems with Ground Control when I ordered the rear shock mounts. They never gave me a check out for the shipping and it was charged to my CC without me being advised. 85$ for shipping which is outrageous for a small box.

When I called them about this they were laughing on the phone and telling me its my problem and if Im not happy to send it back. So I sent it back, 3 weeks later, still no refund I contact the company again and they are still laughing and saying they never got it.

So I spent like 200$ for parts I dont even have and they wont refund me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 01:03 AM
5th Gear Member

catalyst. is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to catalyst.
thats horrible..

file charges if you have not received a refund.

#3 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)
Jay from GC support offered me to call him personally but I didnt get access to a phone except my cell phone and I believed I paid enough for this. So I offered him to communicate via e-mail, after a week still no replies. GC had to pay for the shipping of the return but say they have no proof of the return.

Quote:
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
#4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 06:42 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
weak, the shipping sounds right though sorry, its coming from california to Canada, no offense but what did you expect? And its completely normal to not know your shipping charges untill it is charged...they dont know either...they charge you actual shipping charges..... and as far as the package as long as you have some form of tracking number, you should be safe

they will work with you, i've actually met the owner a few times at meets and whatnot...he will make it right

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!

Last edited by gotKRAUT; 09-25-2007 at 06:45 AM.
#5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Mr. Bacon

(Thread Starter)
85$ for a small box even across the world and back wouldnt cost that much. They were suppose to give me a check out before sending the item so I could accept the shipping costs. They didnt do this, now when I sent it back I asked GC and the Postal Service do I need anything both said no just send it back like that. And voila, now I lost 200$. Anyways I ordered the RE RSM from a local company , in the end I will have paid them 3 times since I paid 100$ for it, 100$ for shipping, sent them back and Oops we have no clue where it is even if we paid shipping for the return. And now I paid 100$ to get them from a local dealer.

If this goes well I will refer this local dealer to Canadians since we dont get the hassle of customs and outrageous shipping costs.

Quote:
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
#6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:06 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
It is possible that it cost $85, depending on what customs charged for it at the border. I remember buying a laptop on ebay from Canada once, and was charged hundreds of dollars in duty.

Still doesn't excuse the laughing on the phone, though...

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Mr. Bacon

(Thread Starter)
85$ is shipping + 20$ for customs
RSM : 104$
Shipping + Customs = 105$

The laughing on the phone is what pushed me to send it back.

Quote:
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
#8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 11:47 AM
my car is red

94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
that is very unprofessional. When you did the return shipping did you get a tracking #? I would definetely do something about that. Get your $ back.

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
#9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Mr. Bacon

(Thread Starter)
Unfortunately my dad didnt think of paying for the tracking number so I cant know where the box is. GC had to pay for the shipping back I can't see how they can say they never got it back. When I asked GC if I needed anything to send it back they never said anything about Return Auth. Code or Tracking number. Once I told them I sent it back they said "what is the return auth code and tracking number?"

Quote:
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
#10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 02:47 PM
5th Gear Member

BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to BMWJNKY Send a message via Yahoo to BMWJNKY
I know this is an old thread but I had a customer ask for a quote for us to ship him a shift knob to Australia. The box was 5" square and was only about 11oz in weight but between shipping and customs stuff the final shipping charges were about $75. Shipping stuff across international borders is not cheap no matter how small the package is.

Also Ground Control does not have the best customer service, you have to try and think of them as only the manuf. and try and deal with a local distributor if you need customer service.

Last edited by BMWJNKY; 10-10-2007 at 02:50 PM.
#11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 11:35 AM
1st Gear Member

umnitza is an unknown quantity at this point
Shipping internationally is a difficult proposition.

First you have to worry about how customs will view the box and second and most importantly, if you use Fedex or UPS or DHL to ship internationally, and the customer refuses to pay the duties on the box, you are then forced to pay for those duties as the vendor.

So, say you sell a RSM for $85. Your shipping to Canada is only $25 (I know, we ship little items to Canada via fedex occasionally) and you mark it as a $25 item (under value so you can lower overall customs charges).

But your product gets inspected (random) at the border and they find a receipt for $85 in the box. They - fedex and customs - then proceed to deliver to the customer with the new stated value. Suddenly, it's no longer $25 value, it's $85, $85 = $30+ in duties. So your $110 item just became $140 for no reason. But the customer still gets it for $110 after refusing duties, which are then forwarded back to you, the vendor. You have to pay $30, on the $85 product.

This is why anything under 40lbs, we ship using USPS, never an issue with customs on that. The customer doesn't get the same level of tracking, but the trade off is the customer doesn't have to pay unnecessary duties.

Give GC a chance, they are a good company, no sense in ruining it for them just because of a mishap that maybe one of the employees casually laughed at and you took offense to. I doubt any malicious intent was there when he laughed, but I wasn't' there - I just assume the better in people.
#12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Mr. Bacon

(Thread Starter)
I use 8legsRacing instead which is a Canadian company and I dont have to bother with shipping or anything since they bring it directly to me. You cant beat face to face communication with your vendor.

Quote:
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
#13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 05:45 PM
1st Gear Member

umnitza is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb
I use 8legsRacing instead which is a Canadian company and I dont have to bother with shipping or anything since they bring it directly to me. You cant beat face to face communication with your vendor.
this is true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Product Reviews