Bavauto's Ultimate Car Cover Versus... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Product Reviews A place to review purchased products and new products for your BMW.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
_1634_ is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
BavAuto's Ultimate Car Cover Versus Covercraft's NOAH Car Cover?

Thoughts,opinions or experiences?

For E36

NOAH $199.95
Ultimate $219.95

BavAuto rates their cover to be higher in every category than the NOAH car cover; except for ding protection, which i dont have to worry about much. (bavauto seems pretty trustworthy to me on their products, they just are a little overpriced at times) Most things i would go somewhere else and get the same thing for cheaper; but obviously im not going to find too many bavauto car covers from someone else! :wink

<span style='font-family:Arial'>1994 BMW 325is // White // 5 Speed

Slotted Rotors // Hawk HPS Pads <span style='color:blue'>//</span><span style='color:red'>/</span>Motorsport Shifter // De-Baffled Airbox</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 02:47 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
images

Ultimate:

"We started with a technologically advanced, single layer fabric that provides exceptional protection against rain, snow, dust, UV degradation and condensation. We then created custom-tailored patterns to fit a wide variety of BMW models. And finally, we added features you won't find on any other car cover: Removable, adjustable nylon straps front and rear for maximum security in high winds; a lifetime warranty (most covers have a warranty of only a year or two); and the Bavarian Autosport logo embroidered (not screen printed) front and rear. The result is a car cover that is lighter in weight, easier to use, better fitting, longer lasting and more compact than any cover we know. On top of that we throw in a steel cable lock kit and a storage bag in matching silver."

NOAH:

"Like Evolution4, NOAH fabric is engineered for exceptional resistance to rain, snow, dust and UV rays. At the same time it lets the paint and finish 'breathe', allowing moisture trapped under the cover to evaporate. The exterior layer defends against scratches, dirt, bird droppings, etc. while the soft-touch inner layer pampers the finish. And NOAH weighs just 4 1/2 ounces per square yard so it's easier to put on and take off than Evolution4."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ultimate_cover.jpg
Views:	981
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	13358   Click image for larger version

Name:	noahgray.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	13359  

Slotted Rotors // Hawk HPS Pads <span style='color:blue'>//</span><span style='color:red'>/</span>Motorsport Shifter // De-Baffled Airbox</span>
#3 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 03:02 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Secondly, Mount St. Helens is soon to erupt. I live in northern california (less than hour from oregon) so this it is very important for me to get a car cover ASAP!

If it erupted tomorrow id have to run out and buy a tarp or whatever and slightly scratch up my paint but im hoping to get a cover before it erupts.

#4 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 05:10 AM
Been here a while.

97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
You might get better answers in this forum.....

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
#5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 10:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Gator is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had the Noah cover for about 5 months and it has worked out great. Got it at http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/store/start?r=store& for about $150. The only thing is that you have to make sure the car is clean before you put it on and fold it up lengthwise first and then folded to the rear window so as to aviod scratches when taking it off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Product Reviews