Bavauto.com springs for E36 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Product Reviews A place to review purchased products and new products for your BMW.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 09:26 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
I got them put on today and I'll post some pics once I find the usb link for my camera. But any ways, they are awesome springs. The ride quality is like stock, but the handling repsonse is sooooooo much quicker. I've not yet been able to really test the springs though.. stupid weather. But I'll be auto-xing with them here in a week and a half. In my opinion they are the best springs for the price Reg $199 US, I got them on sale for $179 US. So pics are on the way as well as areport after their trial by auto-x.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 09:42 PM

007ben is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 007ben Send a message via Yahoo to 007ben
these on with your stock suspension?

2008 128i Jetblack
#3 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 09:44 PM

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by 007ben@Jul 1 2004, 10:22 PM
these on with your stock suspension?
nope, I've got bilstien touring shocks. I know that they aren't made for lowering springs, but the springs weren't part of the original plan. But they should hold up because it's only a 1.25" drop.
#4 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Defector

El Presidente is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Presidente
are they progressive?

<span style='color:gray'><span style='font-family:Courier'>1995 e36 3 Series RIP
1999 e46 3 Series BURN IN HELL
2000 MR-S Roadster= Current</span></span>
#5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 08:22 PM
5th Gear Member

d3ity will become famous soon enough d3ity will become famous soon enough
Did you do the install yourself? what did it require? how long did it take?

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TiddlyPlatypus.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>
#6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 04:51 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by El Presidente@Jul 2 2004, 06:12 PM
are they progressive?
No they are not progressive, ie they don't have that first progressive coil as the Stock E36 318i springs have.
#7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 04:53 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by d3ity@Jul 2 2004, 09:02 PM
Did you do the install yourself? what did it require? how long did it take?
Install took around and hour and half. I didn't do the work on my own, but I assisted. The way to take off the front springs can be found in the FAQ section, I did a post about how to change the struts and front springs in there. The back are childsplay, because the strut isn't inside the spring. It's really easy to do the back, all you need is a ratchet.
#8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 04:55 PM

(Thread Starter)
This is the car with stock size wheels and the springs installed. Forgive the brake dust on the wheels the car had just been to an auto-x.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	post1.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	9728  
#9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 04:59 PM

(Thread Starter)
This is the car before the springs.

I just drove the car about 5 hours today on the highway, and it still rode great!! I almost think it rides better than stock, but has much better response. Still havn't been able to take it to the limit yet though....stupid weather once again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	post3.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	9729  
#10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Defector

El Presidente is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Presidente
hows the weather been there? Its rained 75% of the time here since I moved.

<span style='color:gray'><span style='font-family:Courier'>1995 e36 3 Series RIP
1999 e46 3 Series BURN IN HELL
2000 MR-S Roadster= Current</span></span>
#11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 07:47 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by El Presidente@Jul 3 2004, 06:18 PM
hows the weather been there? Its rained 75% of the time here since I moved.
a little off topic but is' been raining like hell. It's really sucked. Especially with these new springs. And now I'm in Mississippi where there are no good roads to test them. Can't wait for the next auto-x,
#12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 06:05 PM
1st Gear Member

victorgallas is an unknown quantity at this point
hey i have the same set up, is great for everyday driving with a sport spirited feeling..

anyway i have a huge post on this issue on the product review posts..

its called e36 suspension work.

i did all myself so i described step by step the whole thing...

any questions ask me.

You are a BMW driver when you become part of the &quot;Ultimate Driving Machine&quot;

Fraude an Fahren
BMW &gt; Bayerische Motorenwerke

Auf Viedersehen der herr

www.clemsonfsae.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Product Reviews