BMW Werkz banner

Aftermarket Brake Pads.

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  peterkulesza 
#1 ·
Hi,
im going to change brake pads soon and thought to gather some info about aftermarket ones.
Generally i like oem pads but i don't like to clean the wheels 2-3 times a week.
I would like to go with oem rotors, so the new pads should have similar characteristic to oem pads, just less dust.
Would not go with too hard pads, i have had problems in past with warping rotors with previous cars and i think original e39 540i rotors are good enough (have larger diameter than i6 e39-s).
As im gonna work on pads, should i get stainless steel brake lines? Are they worth their price?
And one more thing related to brakes. Should i powder cover the calipers or will heat resistant paints work as well?
Thanks guys.

#2 ·
I changed my pads recently to some aftermarket ceramic ones, after the first two weeks, they creat little to no dust, absolutely no noise, and are better than my previous oem ones as far as braking power goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.