BMW Werkz banner

New (to me) 635csi!!1!!1!!!

2K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  cinnamonchrome 
#1 ·
Brought my 1980 (euro) 635csi home from Tennessee today! Drove wonderfully! Let the project begin . . .

I will get more pictures, but after 6 hours of driving the water pump blew up. Parts are on order, nothing can bring me down right now :lol:

See less See more
#2 ·
Manage not to overheat?

#3 ·
No problems whatsoever until I got to my driveway. It literally splashed onto the pavement as I was walking away.

#8 ·
WALSRU said:
No problems whatsoever until I got to my driveway. It literally splashed onto the pavement as I was walking away.

OK, that's just weird.

#14 ·
Power seems to be pretty good, but I babied it most of the way (good thing too). From what I can tell it has less torque than some m30's but a decent powerband and my gears are VERY close together. Not to mention the flywheel seems extremely light compared to my 535i. LUB IT :)

#16 ·
Pretty much, yeah.

Almost back on the road . . . next thing will be wiring. There are twist couplers everywhere!

#18 ·
Good condition, but the guy hodge podged a lot of stuff. Overspray, bad wiring, painted the rubber spoiler, etc. I don't love it any less :thumbs

#20 ·
god gas there is like $0.50 cheaper /gallon!

NIIIIIICE buy dude.

sexy.

so how much of a difference is there between the 635csi and the M6?

#22 ·
The Euro m6 was about 290hp (ours maybe 30-40 less but a chip made up for it). Mine is rated around 215hp which isn't bad since the american m30s are closer to 185. I don't have motronic though, vacuum advance ftw.

Let's see, what else? Euro bumpers are much smaller and lighter, the manual seats too. I have the close ratio (upside down) 5 speed which I suppose is pretty rare. Oh, and four pot front calipers stock. w00t!

535i alternator went out so I drove the 6 to work today, good thing the salt washed away this week. I only have phone cam pics thus far too :(.

Thanks for the compliments :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.