BMW Werkz banner

It's Back! My 540i repaired, full repaint after accident. Lots of additions. (No 56K)

1K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Clean540 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally after two months, my good ol 540i is back.

Repairs/Additions Include:

M5 bumper
New fenders
New hood
M5 mirrors
M5 rear spoiler
Eibach Pro-Kit springs (-1.25in front, -1.75in rear)
Bilstein Sport Springs (installing next monday)
Replaced chromeline with shadowline trim
Replaced clear corner angel eyes with new lit amber corner xenons.
Hardwired radar-detector mute button/alert light
New instrument cluster

Before:

After:

See less See more
#16 ·
re

Car looks great Matt. I have a 97 540 also and want to duplicate what you have done except for maybe the front and rear bumpers.

A few questions. I believe you bought the headlights off ebay, but what about the shadowline trim? I am looking to do my windows and all of the lower trim and would like to get the M5 trim like you have.

How hard were the windows? I hear it can be a pain but the rest of the car goes pretty quick and easy.

Where did you buy the rims? Are they off-set? Do you like them?

Thanks,

Eric

#18 ·
saltshaker185 said:
lookin good... dont get much better then that... i really like the passport there also, looks stock... how did u do that?
Car looks great Matt. I have a 97 540 also and want to duplicate what you have done except for maybe the front and rear bumpers.A few questions. I believe you bought the headlights off ebay, but what about the shadowline trim? I am looking to do my windows and all of the lower trim and would like to get the M5 trim like you have. How hard were the windows? I hear it can be a pain but the rest of the car goes pretty quick and easy. Where did you buy the rims? Are they off-set? Do you like them?

About the radar mute button hard-wire, this was my inspiration for it... It only took about 2 hours and was very easy. If you do it, be sure to buy an extension phone cord(with 4 wires) and coupler.
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec104.shtml

The headlights are not from ebay, they're from the dealer. They run about $700 each after tax. (i got to play with insurance money) The window shadowline was a bitch to install, but does look great when its done. I bought my wheels from AAA rims out of michigan, but I couldn't recommend them because they're all getting replaced in june as two have become bent way too easily. I'll be replacing them with OEM M5's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.