BMW Werkz banner

Finally got some pics....

655 views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Scarface 
#1 ·
hey guys i've been posting on e36 for a while but I finally got some time to take some pics. tell me what you think, pretty much stock but I'm workin on it.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
black leather interior :D and 12" MTX subs visible through dropable backseat B)

Attachments

#7 ·
Nothing special to hook up the subs, but my car has the split folding backseat so it looks nice. I have a 250watt RMS Directed amp, nothing too big but it suits me.

#10 ·
Yes I love the look of the black on black but the heat is unbareable in hot weather, that's why I'm gonna tint the windows soon. The rims were already on the car when I bought it from the previous owner. Maybe they were an option from the dealer? To buy them aftermarket from BavAutoSport is outragous at 325 bucks a piece!

#11 ·
Great looking car, but i assume since you went with MTX instead of some other brands that your more into the volume and depth of bass than the quality of it ... my point is that you'll get a lot more bass out of your set up with the subs facing teh trunk. You lose a ton of it coming through the seats like that. :wink

#12 ·
I knew someone would bring that up about the position, :D In my old e28 5 series I used to have them facing the trunk and the bass quality was very good but I experimented once and turned them towards the seat and got louder volume. Battling back and forth I went with the volume because my amp isn't too powerful. And now that I've hooked it up in the 3 series its been even louder with the dropable back seat and I've just kinda left it like that. I was satisfied with the sound. I have them in a ported box if that makes a difference but from previous experience I found it to sounds louder facing the seat but I think I'm gonna flip them around because I am curious of how it would sound in that car. :thumbs

#13 ·
how amny miles and how much was that car? I'm looking to buy something very similar and i was curious :) ?

Thanx

#14 ·
miles are about to turn 150,000... it cost $5,750 and I bought it this past October

#15 ·
Originally posted by Robdrmer1016@May 17 2004, 09:02 PM
I knew someone would bring that up about the position, :D In my old e28 5 series I used to have them facing the trunk and the bass quality was very good but I experimented once and turned them towards the seat and got louder volume. Battling back and forth I went with the volume because my amp isn't too powerful. And now that I've hooked it up in the 3 series its been even louder with the dropable back seat and I've just kinda left it like that. I was satisfied with the sound. I have them in a ported box if that makes a difference but from previous experience I found it to sounds louder facing the seat but I think I'm gonna flip them around because I am curious of how it would sound in that car. :thumbs
If you think it beats hard now with the seat folded down and the subs facing you...turn the box around with the seat down..it's called "bass reflex", you may gain a couple db just by turning the box around, in car audio a couple db means alot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.