BMW Werkz banner

A couple pretty cool GIFs of our new product line

847 views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  jlevi 
#1 ·
We now have packages on our site of ICELED Products (in addition to being able to build your own package with however many different fixtures and controllers you want), for those who just want to click and order a popular combination.

Here are some animations. These are compilations of real video, NOT photoshops . The fixtures do all of these colors, and about 2 million other colors.

For more information about our entire line of ICELED products, click here.

Thanks for looking!
JL

See less See more
#3 ·
The LEDs are very inexpensive to produce, agreed. I think your opinion and critiscisms are all very valid, and I think they are shared by many people.

If you'll allow, though, I'd like to explain where all the costs come from, in hopes to clear it up a bit

-These PCBs and components are assembled exclusively in the United Kingdom which adds a lot in the costs of labor. They are built in a state-of-the art facility by a company that does PCB's for military equipment. Overkill? Yes. But we refuse to buy the Taiwanese knockoff, because we personally know the innovators of these products, and it's just good business to stay loyal. In addition, this means a good 10-20% of our costs are spent just in transit. Unfortunate, but again, worth it.

-You are paying not so much for the LEDs as you are for the innovative ideas, the complicated computer programs that are integrated, etc. You pay for novelty, just like buying an $90 for a polo shirt because it has a crocodile on it. Is it for everyone? No. Could you just as easily buy a cold cathode that doesn't change color? Of course.

-The materials are all the highest quality and durability. If you like I will show you a video of someone running over one of the tubes at 30mph, or a picture of a car parked on the tube at a car show, to demonstrate the strength. Each component is of the highest quality materials, even the parts where you could normally cut corners (for example casings & connectors). Again, overkill, but some people prefer that type of thing.

Overall, yes, it is an elite and premium product that you probably wouldn't do on your stock car. Does that mean it's a poor product to offer? Of course not - and I don't think you're argueing that.

Hope this clears up a little of the confusion. I'm definately not argueing with you, but hopefully I can help people understand the nature of this product. It's one of those top of the line things like spending $3,000 an axle on brakes, etc etc.

Thanks for your input :)
JL

#5 ·
Agreed. Nice and I'm sure a quality product... but admittedly the serious bimmer crowd probably won't be impressed - we like our interiors like our cars; pragmatic and functionable. Some people would call a german interior bland, we would call it perfect.
As such, maybe this is more like something that the new 2006 civic or a tc or xB scion owner might like? Lot's of pretty lights in the interiors of those cars to help distract the driver and their friends.

#6 ·
I agree. It's part of our move to try and open ourselves up to new markets. I, too, am a German-only guy, and I think our site reflects that. Unfortunately this is no way to do business so we're trying to offer as many universal products as possible :)

Nonetheless, this is a big hit with the showcar guys :)

Thank you guys for your inputs!
JL

#7 ·
jlevi - as long as it brings money, do it! :D hehe
but yeah, showcars will buy it, but us, normals, i doubt it.... btw ---neon lamps are for ricers only (or showcars), and those who rice out their bmws should be killed

#10 ·
nah, not really... some of my friends got em (for like 20 bucks from walmart)
they work well... very bright and light up to bass... but me no likey

it's too ricey... it's too yesterdayish
like spinners... first it was like waoh.. and now, it's like -- what a waste of money

#14 ·
I'd rather the SMG, personally - like you said though, to each his own and in the US I am a minority in this regard.
I'm sorry, but sacrificing speed, precision, accuracy, and a 7th gear all for the feel of a clutch pedal... I'm an efficient person.
I'll up your kidney and sell a 1/3 of my liver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.