BMW Werkz banner

ZO6 v.s. 911 Turbo

4K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  Rennsurfer 
#1 ·
Who do you guys think would win this race, a Corvette ZO6 against a 911 Turbo?

#6 ·
superdeadman said:
i'm pretty sure 911 turbo 1/4 mi times are faster than z06s
Apparently you have read absolutely nothing about the C6 Z06 then.

#10 ·
ConsumerReports recently compared some ultra-performance luxury sports cars (Z06 included), and the Carrera S (not even the Turbo) won overall in performance.

When you consider speed as in which is faster, of course the Z06 is faster.
It's a 7 liter V8 505hp bully (and 110lbs lighter than the CS!) compared to the CS which is only 3.8 liter flat 6 355hp.

The specs are:
Carrera S : 0-60: 4.4s 1/4 mile: 12.9s
Z06 : 0-60: 4.3s 1/4 mile: 12.3s

I feel the Z06 shouldn't even be compared with a Carrera!
And since they did, SHAME on the big bully, it takes so much engine capacity to produce an "impressive 505 hp figure"...and is ONLY fractions of a sec faster than a heavier machine with a smaller engine producing less hp. And reliability of the Z06 is rated POOR.

Go compare the Z06 with an M5 or M6!

#12 · (Edited)
Ivan said:
hey man those are the stats for the c5 400hp z06, the new one is alot faster
I got those from CReports, they're for the Z06. I guess they did their own test runs.

If you search the net, you will get Z06 specs for 0-60 as low as 3.6s...who are you gonna believe?

Automobile mag Review & Road Test quoted : 4.1s and 12.0s

#13 ·
CosmosBlack said:
I got those from CReports, they're for the Z06. I guess they did their own test runs.

If you search the net, you will get Z06 specs for 0-60 as low as 3.6s...who are you gonna believe?
The people who know how to work a clutch well enough to get a stock Z06 to do low to mid 11s.

Edit: I'm sorry, but any car that has the torque to start in 5th gear and go to 175mph in that one gear gets my respect more than the 911, good though it may be.

#14 ·
CosmosBlack said:
ConsumerReports recently compared some ultra-performance luxury sports cars (Z06 included), and the Carrera S (not even the Turbo) won overall in performance.

When you consider speed as in which is faster, of course the Z06 is faster.
It's a 7 liter V8 505hp bully (and 110lbs lighter than the CS!) compared to the CS which is only 3.8 liter flat 6 355hp.

The specs are:
Carrera S : 0-60: 4.4s 1/4 mile: 12.9s
Z06 : 0-60: 4.3s 1/4 mile: 12.3s

I feel the Z06 shouldn't even be compared with a Carrera!
And since they did, SHAME on the big bully, it takes so much engine capacity to produce an "impressive 505 hp figure"...and is ONLY fractions of a sec faster than a heavier machine with a smaller engine producing less hp. And reliability of the Z06 is rated POOR.

Go compare the Z06 with an M5 or M6!

Gearing, son.. gearing.. go look at the gear ratios of the z06 compared to porsche.. much higher top speed in the z06.. and better highway MPG because of the very same reason... gearing.

#17 ·
Sorry, I did not mean to be vague.

#18 ·
My previous comments were comparing the Z06 to ONLY the CarreraS.

This is specs for the Carrera 997 Turbo, what this thread is about:

According to official Porsche figures, it produces 480 hp, accelerates 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.7 seconds with manual transmission and 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in just 3.4 seconds with Tiptronic S transmission, and has a top speed of 193 miles per hour.

#21 ·
thekid said:
The Z06 is a respectable machine (the only respectable chevy), however I if I were shopping for a car in this class I would still go for the 911 and that's the bottom line for me.
I'll agree that it's the only respectable chevy, but you have to admit that car would rule your face a thousand times over.

#24 ·
triggrhaapi said:
I still think you're crazy for turning down the Z06. You get a cam, headers, intake, chip and exhaust and you're well over 700whp.
+1

#25 ·
triggrhaapi said:
I'll agree that it's the only respectable chevy, but you have to admit that car would rule your face a thousand times over.
That's why its respectable. I'd have fun in it, but I would preffer the 911. I'd be much more excited about getting into the 911 on a daily basis, even though I'd prolly be more excited about getting to spin a Z06 through a parking lot one day than getting to spin a 911 through a parking lot one day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.