BMW Werkz banner

ZO6 v.s. 911 Turbo

4K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  Rennsurfer 
#1 ·
Who do you guys think would win this race, a Corvette ZO6 against a 911 Turbo?

#27 ·
It's official, the Z06 is a faster car in all respects than the 911 turbo. Car and Driver said so. Faster around a track (by over a second on a 76 second course) and faster in a straight line (dead even til 120mph then the Z06 pulls away)

Sorry Porsche guys, you lose. Hate to say I told you so, but no wait, I like to say I told you so. I told you so.

#31 ·
Lol the v12 X5 ran around as fast as a murcielago...

#34 ·
triggrhaapi said:
Edit: I'm sorry, but any car that has the torque to start in 5th gear and go to 175mph in that one gear gets my respect more than the 911, good though it may be.

Holy shit it can do that?

#35 ·
d3ity said:
Holy shit it can do that?
Yes it can, but to be honest, that's more about careful clutch work than it is about the torque of the engine. I could start in 5th gear when my 540 was stock, and it would take a long time to get up to speed, but it would get there. Now I can start it in 6th.

#36 ·
man, nurburgring is a tough track to get used to. i just drove on it with a stock c6 z06 and got a blistering time of 9 minutes flat, not including the penalty time added on. :rofl

in forza 2, not RL (i wish) - although i likely would have been killed in real life if i had some of the crashes i did in the game.

#39 ·
Ivan said:
is this wrong? from wikipedia so not sure if someone made it up or something

# 7:40 - Porsche 997 Turbo 480PS/1565 kg Walter Röhr
# 7:41 - Manthey Porsche GT3 M410, 413 PS/1320 kg (160.868 km/h), Lucas Luhr (Autobild 07/04)
# 7.42 - Corvette Z06 (Jan Magnussen)

Nordschleife fastest lap times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I think Jan Magnussen (as good a driver as he is) drove the car in one day, set that time and then left. With enough time im sure that he would have bettered that time (especially with the now upgraded suspension ZO6).

Swedish ZO6 v 911T test

The corvette has now broken into the 10's on stock trim, including tires.

A group of local 6speedonliners rented MIR today for a little get together to take advantage of this awesome weather and several guys ran the best ever runs as the track was like Fly Paper and the Air Conditioning was on high!(40 degrees). My goal when I went out today was to try and beat the Pure stock stock tire record which I was able to do! I usually take a couple of cars and I felt it was hampering my driving one to perfection so I only took the Z06 so I could really drive it to its fullest! My Second pass of the day was a 11.08 at 128 followed in order with a 11.11 at 128, 11.02 at 129 and a 10.98 at 129 on the Factory issued Fun Flat tires. I believe this is the first ever 10 sec. run with a bone stock car on the bone stock tires? As the track was hooking so hard I was hesitant to try my drag radials as I was having no issues with traction, (just my technique) but I was actually hot lapping the car to get a feel for my leaves as it was so cold engine temp was not an issue. After I got the (Stock Tire) timeslip validated with a signature from the MIR track owner I put on my drag radials and tried for my best time! Initally I wasn't running any better than with the stock tires because the DR's were cold, but once they came up to temperature they started to make a difference as I was able to run a 10.96 at 130, a 10.92 at 129 and finally a 10.83 at 130 mph! which I believe was caught on video and will posted tonight on UTube. If some one would help me post my time slips I would appreciate it so I can move from 3rd place on the fast list to the top!
thanks
A bone stock on stock tires C6 Z06 has just run:

11.08 @ 128

11.11 @ 128,

11.02 @ 129

10.98 @ 129

All on the Factory issued Run Flat tires.

And then on drag radials only:

10.96 @ 130,

10.92 @ 129

finally a 10.83 @ 130 mph!

2 New Z06 Records in 1/4 mile! - Corvette Forum

#41 ·
Both cars look impressive on paper... to each their own. 'Bout time that Chevrolet finally got their act together and started producing a car that actually performs. But since I'm a die-hard German car fan and always will be... you can keep the Z-whatchamacallit whiz-bang thing. I'll take a Porsche ANY day. American cars just don't feel right.

But, again, to each their own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.