Rode In A G35 Tonight - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Other Rides
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Other Rides Anything other than BMW related in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2005, 01:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
A buddy of mine opened a business about a year ago, havn't seen him for several months, because the buisness is a state away. Last time I saw him he was driving a leased honda accord coupe. Well tonight I see him, and he is leasing a brand new G35 coupe, the greyish blueish color, 19's, factory upgraded suspension, nav system ect. So I had heard a lot about these, how they are supposed to be able to beat the 325i because of power, and the 330i because of price. But I wanted to see for myself. Unfortunately it had been raining, so insane handling was out of the question. But the acceleration was great. Sucked me right into the seats. Granted the seats were a little snug for a man of my stature. But still it was a fantastic experiance. Any E46 330i or 325i owners out there test drive the G35 also? He said he didn't test drive the BMW's because the 330i with performance package was so much more expensive. Just wondering what others thoughts were about these cars.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2005, 12:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
suppose to a goood car, i still wanna go for a ride in 1 myself
Old 08-08-2005, 03:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Where I live, everyone and their mom has a G35. I proably have clsoe to a dozen friends with G35's. Coupes ans sedans.

I dont like 'em. Its a mediocre ride but what really gets you is the terrible high end shifting in the autos. I guess this can be cured by just getting a manual but the ride still doesnt feel as good as many other cars. You really dont feel like you are ever in complete control of the car.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 2003 330i ZHP
Photos:
red330Iperfpkg is just really nicered330Iperfpkg is just really nicered330Iperfpkg is just really nicered330Iperfpkg is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to red330Iperfpkg
yeah when i was in the market for my car i tested the 350z the g35 and then my 330i performance package....the g35 was my 2nd choice and it was very close...i just went with the bimmer cause my dad is a bmw nut and is always owning different bimmers...

sig done by SpeedInfusion

2001 740i sport
2003 330i ZHP
2003 M5
2005 A4 1.8T
2006 750Li sport

red330Iperfpkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car: 99 323i ragtop
Photos:
SpooldUp will become famous soon enoughSpooldUp will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SpooldUp
G35 Isn't that like 298HP? I would say it is faster than a 330. Out here everybody has a BMW, not many Infinities. I will try and test drive one early next week when the weather clears up.

<CENTER>

</CENTER>

where's my beer?
best website ever

"I'm not even supposed to be here today"

SpooldUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
I see a ridiculous number of Infiniti's. A also see a stupid ridiculous number of BMW's. It's purely a matter of personal preference. The G35 is fun at first, but it gets old after abotu a month. Trust me.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Been here a while.

Car: Blah
Photos:
97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
They are sexy cars.... got to give it to them

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
97alpineM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 02:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Photos:
The coupes defintely have a smooth flow look, but thats it.

And who the hell is in charge of rims for the Infinit cars lately? They look hot.

Old 05-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
na-tsupraking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to na-tsupraking Send a message via MSN to na-tsupraking
I've rode in one... they are fast!!! lol, but you can always get a 330I and get a couple of bolt-on's and outrun a G coupe....
Old 05-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by na-tsupraking
I've rode in one... they are fast!!! lol, but you can always get a 330I and get a couple of bolt-on's and outrun a G coupe....
But you are forgetting that the same bolt ons are twice as cheap for the G35 and will produce gains a BMW owner can only dream of.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sodium Chloride

Car: 95 M3
Photos:
saltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque
But you are forgetting that the same bolt ons are twice as cheap for the G35 and will produce gains a BMW owner can only dream of.
yeah why is it that bmw's never get quite the same amount of power gains that other manufacturs can get on thier cars? it seems like we pay alot more for alot less...
saltshaker185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
LYFE SUCK5

Car: 2008 Infiniti G35
Photos:
Ivan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
i like the way 350zs look more than the g35
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
General Chaos

Car: ///M3,Corolla
Photos:
SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltshaker185
yeah why is it that bmw's never get quite the same amount of power gains that other manufacturs can get on thier cars? it seems like we pay alot more for alot less...
because our cars are pretty much performance-wise when built...
Old 05-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Science Roolz!

Car: 2011 Mazda2, 1990 Miata
Photos:
SHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to allSHAHAB323IS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to SHAHAB323IS
i've driven a g35 coupe and numerous 325's and 330's with performance packages

this is what my opinion is as far as performance goes

330i zhp > g35 > 325
Old 05-17-2006, 09:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car: 1997 Infiniti I30
Photos:
KSE36M3 is on a distinguished road
My buddy (the one with the modded 93 accord SE) is looking at one...well...not him...but his parents. They had a Jetta and sold it for a 2002 3.2TL and they want to sell their Mercury minivan now and get either a G35 coupe (his mom wants the G, it'll be her car so I figure she should get to pick haha) or a Mercedes C230 Kompressor (he's tried to talk his dad into a BMW 3 series but he had a bad experience with a 1980 somethin 5 he had back in the day and doesn't like bimmers anymore :-(). Personally that's a toughie, except the G will be far more reliable than the Merc. They don't really care if he takes the cars out long as he doesn't guzzle the gas, so I should get a chance to ride in either one, quite often. Personally, I'd go for the G35.....haha I'm excited for the opportunity...they are pretty rides.

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Other Rides