BMW Werkz banner

New Dodge Challenger

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  RexKing86 
#1 ·
#5 ·
That car is going to have so much potential, i would buy one in a heart beat.I like it , i hope production looks like the proto.

#6 ·
I like it, especially in a 425HP (or more) SRT-8 version! Oooooh baby! If only they can keep it about 500-600 pounds lighter than the portly 4100-lb. Charger.

Oh, wait, I will still need 4 doors - that's why I bought my E39 540 in the first place. Oh well, the new Challenger a hot car and reminds me of my favorite musclecars of that era (Cuda and Challenger). How can something fail that looks so much like the Hemi 'Cudas and Challengers of yore that are now commanding upwards of $200,000 to $300,000 and more at Barrett-Jackson auctions?

#8 ·
german-speed-demon said:
According to Road and Track, and an few other mags....that IS the production version. Replete with 6.1 HEMI.

Dave
I just received my new Car and Driver a couple of days ago - it looks like you are right! Thing is, it's just a show car for now, so what the production engine will be is just a SWAG for now. I read that there may even be a 500hp version! Woo-hooo!

The interior leaves me a bit cold though....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.