I really like the Acura TSX - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Other Rides
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Other Rides Anything other than BMW related in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2003, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
donutchow is an unknown quantity at this point
So next year i'm going to get a car. and i want a nice one. i really want a 325i but they cost 35 grand with options, which is complete bullshit. and the clutch pedal is pretty springy, i like a lighter clutch. i really liek the A4 1.8, and loaded with leather, sunroof, sport package, 17's, and 6 cd changer, heated seats comes to exactly 30 grand. and i loved driving it. not as sporty, but very comfortable.

i just read the review comaring the TSX to the merc c230 and the saab 9-3, and i really want to go test drive it. and i love the value you get! for under $27,000, you get leather, sunroof, 6 ch changer, heated seats, power seats, XENONS, 320 watt stereo, split folding rear seat (merc doesn't have one). 27 grand! that's like an accord, camry pricing! for an acura w/ 200hp and a 6 speed, and 17's! i might consider getting one if i like it. and honda makes great shifters, both my parents have new honda's. or i bet i could lease one for under 300/month.

what do you guys think? and don't be biased here....
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2003, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
FruityOne is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FruityOne
: ...im sorry but isnt that car just a four door rsx?
95 M3 - 220rwhp/205rwtq
President & Founder OF S50 Swap Club

THC the three most powerful letters in my veins...
FruityOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
i wouldnt pay that much for that car new...actually i would never buy a new car its not worth it you lose so much value when you drive off the lot.
95 M3 - 220rwhp/205rwtq

Old 06-06-2003, 11:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by Fruityone@Jun 6 2003, 11:57 AM
is that a bad thing??

it only costs 2-3 grand more, you get 2 more doors, more luxury, 17 inch wheels, xenons.....
Old 06-06-2003, 12:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
u could get a very nice E46 for that price, i agree with fruity, its not worth it to buy a brand new car. look into getting a BMW CPO with a 100k mile warranty
MrM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 12:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by MrM3@Jun 6 2003, 12:05 PM
u could get a very nice E46 for that price, i agree with fruity, its not worth it to buy a brand new car. look into getting a BMW CPO with a 100k mile warranty
in the paper on sunday, i saw a 2000 328 with 40k miles for 27 grand. the 3 series does NOT lose value at all. it's worth it buying it new and selling it for 3 years. but acura's and hondas also hold their value almost as well as the 3 series.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
SpeedsterBMW

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by Fruityone@Jun 6 2003, 01:57 PM
donut....we have had a acura in the past, and they have continued the tradition. Acura's engines are VERY peaky, and reach there torque VERY high...you gotta whind it to 5k everytime to get the acceleration you would at 3500rpms in a BMW. The LACK of torque is present, and so is the extremely high RPMS that it reaches it at....Audi 1.8T is a better bargin....but a 35k 3er isnt bullshit....its like a swiss army nife, it doesnt everything, it handles, its sporty looking, its SPORTY, its fast....its comfortable...
Old 06-06-2003, 12:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
RetroSpek is an unknown quantity at this point
hey donutchow,

Rsx/tsx are very good cars, however, they have some engine issues and you should do some research into it before considering the car. I used to own a Acura and I think they are VERY reliable and quality cars.

BUT...now i own a 2003 audi a4 1.8t quattro....which I like better. You can get 1.9% financing right now and not only that.. its only $3k more than the acura for a fully loaded audi. If youre worried about performance, the a4 has quattro, which will not only make the car incredibly safe, but also handle like a dream. Horsepower? The new 2004 a4 has a 6 speed box istead of the 5 that I have. 170 hp and 166ft lbs of torque...spend $400 on a GIAC chip (which in most dealerships wont void the warranty), will up your stats to 210-215 hp and 230ft lbs torque with the chip alone.

Verdict: For $30k plus $400 ($30.4k), you get a car with awd, 6 speed manual transmission, leather, 6 cd changer, dual climate control, sport suspension and 17 inch wheels, BOSE premium sound system, 215 hp / 230lb torque, xenon auto leveling head lights,
and heated seats.

The 325i is cool but for the money, you get no options. YOu literally have to spend $35k$36k for a similar setup.

The Acura is nice too but you wont get a german luxury feel out of that car. why? Because its the honda accord in Europe...not a lux car.

Lawrence
Old 06-06-2003, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by RetroSpek@Jun 6 2003, 12:48 PM
hey donutchow,

Rsx/tsx are very good cars, however, they have some engine issues and you should do some research into it before considering the car. I used to own a Acura and I think they are VERY reliable and quality cars.

BUT...now i own a 2003 audi a4 1.8t quattro....which I like better. You can get 1.9% financing right now and not only that.. its only $3k more than the acura for a fully loaded audi. If youre worried about performance, the a4 has quattro, which will not only make the car incredibly safe, but also handle like a dream. Horsepower? The new 2004 a4 has a 6 speed box istead of the 5 that I have. 170 hp and 166ft lbs of torque...spend $400 on a GIAC chip (which in most dealerships wont void the warranty), will up your stats to 210-215 hp and 230ft lbs torque with the chip alone.

Verdict: For $30k plus $400 ($30.4k), you get a car with awd, 6 speed manual transmission, leather, 6 cd changer, dual climate control, sport suspension and 17 inch wheels, BOSE premium sound system, 215 hp / 230lb torque, xenon auto leveling head lights,
and heated seats.

The 325i is cool but for the money, you get no options. YOu literally have to spend $35k$36k for a similar setup.

The Acura is nice too but you wont get a german luxury feel out of that car. why? Because its the honda accord in Europe...not a lux car.

Lawrence
good point on the A4....also, i'm not sure if i even would wnat the AWD, i don't need it for the snow, it burns gas faster, it's heavier, and it costs $1750 extra on the 1.8. and there's going to be a 6 speed? that's what i like about the TSX, i need that extra gear for the highway, i like cruising at as little rpm as possible B)
Old 06-06-2003, 02:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
SpeedsterBMW

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by donutchow+Jun 6 2003, 04:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Jun 6 2003, 04:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RetroSpek@Jun 6 2003, 12:48 PM
hey donutchow,

and heated seats.

Lawrence
good point on the A4....also, i'm not sure if i even would wnat the AWD, i don't need it for the snow, it burns gas faster, it's heavier, and it costs $1750 extra on the 1.8. and there's going to be a 6 speed? that's what i like about the TSX, i need that extra gear for the highway, i like cruising at as little rpm as possible B) [/b][/quote]
what are you talking about donut? we live in PA, just last year we got hit with 2+ feet of snow and you DONT need AWD? FWD is the absoloute WORST to drive (ride/handling wise) then comes AWD (added grip, great in snow) then RWD....dont get an acura donut...trust me....
Old 06-06-2003, 02:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 6 2003, 02:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 6 2003, 02:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -donutchow@Jun 6 2003, 04:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--RetroSpek
Quote:
@Jun 6 2003, 12:48 PM
hey donutchow,

Rsx/tsx are very good cars, however, they have some engine issues and you should do some research into it before considering the car.* I used to own a Acura and I think they are VERY reliable and quality cars.

BUT...now i own a 2003 audi a4 1.8t quattro....which I like better.* You can get 1.9% financing right now and not only that.. its only $3k more than the acura for a fully loaded audi.* If youre worried about performance, the a4 has quattro, which will not only make the car incredibly safe, but also handle like a dream.* Horsepower?* The new 2004 a4 has a 6 speed box istead of the 5 that I have.* 170 hp and 166ft lbs of torque...spend $400 on a GIAC chip (which in most dealerships wont void the warranty), will up your stats to 210-215 hp and 230ft lbs torque with the chip alone.*

Verdict:* For $30k plus $400 ($30.4k), you get a car with awd, 6 speed manual transmission, leather, 6 cd changer, dual climate control, sport suspension and 17 inch wheels, BOSE premium sound system, 215 hp / 230lb torque, xenon auto leveling head lights,
and heated seats.*

The 325i is cool but for the money, you get no options.* YOu literally have to spend $35k$36k for a similar setup.

The Acura is nice too but you wont get a german luxury feel out of that car. why?* Because its the honda accord in Europe...not a lux car.

Lawrence

good point on the A4....also, i'm not sure if i even would wnat the AWD, i don't need it for the snow, it burns gas faster, it's heavier, and it costs $1750 extra on the 1.8. and there's going to be a 6 speed? that's what i like about the TSX, i need that extra gear for the highway, i like cruising at as little rpm as possible B)
what are you talking about donut? we live in PA, just last year we got hit with 2+ feet of snow and you DONT need AWD? FWD is the absoloute WORST to drive (ride/handling wise) then comes AWD (added grip, great in snow) then RWD....dont get an acura donut...trust me.... [/b][/quote]
i like honda products though, i drove one in HS, and i drive my parent's hondas too. i drove a tl-s. that was awesome. and i drove my MX-6 in that 2 feet of snow, so i think a FWD acura can handle it. maybe i'm just a better driver than you :
Old 06-06-2003, 03:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
SpeedsterBMW

Car:
Photos:
lol eric, listen to yourself...you used handle and FWD in the same sentance! Feel the understeer and the torque steer as you punch that torqueless engine.....dont give into the low prices of the japeneese imports, that have sucky interiors!
Old 06-06-2003, 03:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
RetroSpek is an unknown quantity at this point
the tsx doesnt have sucky interior...but its still not rwd or awd. i get 21/29 for gas mileage on my a4 quattro..and yes the new a4 has 6 speed. i got my a4 FULLY loaded with quattro fro $30.6k. I had an acura integra and it was a fine car, but this a4 is a major upgrade. BTW, with a chip (GIAC), you get more power and better mileage.

Quattro pwnz snow, rain, and dry asphalt. Its the best AWD system out there.

Handling: a4 wins
speed: A4 wins (if you chip it)
safety: a4 wins
comfort: a4 wins
styling: a4 wins
value: a4 wins
reliability: draw
dealer service: acura wins

Lawrence
Old 06-06-2003, 04:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Jun 6 2003, 03:20 PM
lol eric, listen to yourself...you used handle and FWD in the same sentance! Feel the understeer and the torque steer as you punch that torqueless engine.....dont give into the low prices of the japeneese imports, that have sucky interiors!
they did the test in motor trend and i think the TSX won in the slalom and they coudn't tell it was FWD.

and handling doesn't matter that much, not like i'm going to the track to race M3's.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
hes fallen to the dark side...soon he will be here asking what sound is right for him...fart cannon or chainsaw :P j/k donut

if i had the choice i would go with the audi...german cars even if fwd still drive better than japanese cars imo
95 M3 - 220rwhp/205rwtq

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Other Rides