BMW Werkz banner

Ferrari 458 Speciale Revealed

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bimmerfan2 
#1 ·

Ferrari continues to mine its engineering talents while entirely ignoring whichever department is responsible for naming its new cars, revealing the most powerful version of its 458 to date – the “Speciale”.

It’s “speciale” indeed, taking the already awesome mid-engined exotic to new heights, adding 35 more horsepower to the car’s already potent high-revving V8 engine to deliver a total of 605 hp (or 597 hp, depending on how you measure it). With Ferrari’s 458 cc engine already having won the title of “Best Performance Engine” at the International Engine of the Year Awards two years in a row, this new motor is certain to make it a three-peat. With 135 hp/liter it boasts the most horsepower per liter of any road going naturally aspirate engine ever made.

Ferrari claims a 0-62 mph time of just 3.0 seconds with a 9.1 second 0-124 mph (200 km) time of 9.1 seconds. The car also also clocked a lap time at the brand’s Fiorano Circuit of just 1:23.5.
Read more on the Ferrari 458 Speciale and see more photos at AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#3 ·
It is an amazing.......ly "Unobtanium" kinda car. I want to rent a 458 at some point.......This one doesn't really look like the specs are that much different than stock.......Still.....I dig the "Schnazzy" strip all the same ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.