BMW Werkz banner

Cool new concept coming from SAAB

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Fox 
#1 ·
SAAB To Hatch New Concept At Frankfurt

At a special event on Monday, 8-September — in conjunction with next month's Frankfurt Motor Show — Saab will unveil a new 'Sport-Hatch' concept car that challenges the distinction between traditional hatchback and wagon bodystyles. Saab continues its recent product offensive with the Saab 9-3 Sport-Hatch Concept — a sporty, five-door, four-seat car that offers driver-focused performance and innovative versatility features, all packaged in a 'fastback' shape that draws its inspiration from the Saab 9-3X 'cross-over coupé' concept that premiered last year.

Powered by a high performance 250 bhp, 2.0-liter turbo engine, the 9-3 Sport-Hatch Concept signifies Saab's intention to enter the mid-size wagon segment with a sporty product that reflects Saab’s tradition for designing surprisingly versatile 5-door models. The concept team, under Saab Executive Director of Design Michael Mauer, has expanded a number of exterior and interior design themes from the 9-3X concept car — signaling Saab’s future in this segment.

"Just as the 9-3X occupies a position where coupé meets off-roader, this car represents a cross-over point between hatchback and wagon," says Mauer. "It is the sort of product that should come from Saab and our customers will be able to buy a car very much like this."

“We have promised the largest product offensive in our history,” said Saab CEO Peter Augustsson, “and with all the products that we’ve shown in the last two years, it’s obvious that we’re keeping that promise. This concept car isn’t just a show car. It demonstrates our intent to continue to evolve and expand the 9-3 model line.”

The Saab 9-3 Sport-Hatch Concept is the latest development in the most comprehensive product development program in Saab's history. Following the unveiling of the multi-dimensional Saab 9X concept at Frankfurt two years ago, the 9-3X was shown at Detroit last year and the all-new 9-3 Sport Sedan went on sale last September. This fall, the Saab 9-3 Convertible was launched and next summer the all-wheel-drive Saab 9-2 model is scheduled to arrive in North America markets.

See less See more
#2 ·
hmm. if saab was RWD they would be tight

#4 ·
saab 9-2 lol i wonder how that will look, WRX 2 lol

i wish that i could control which wheels are the drive wheels, for instance if i wanted 100% RWD i can have that. if i want 15 percent front and 85 percent rear, i can punch that in. if i want 50/50 AWD, i can do that. if i am crazy and i want FWD, i can have that. I know BMW's awd system is rear-biased (i think) like infiniti, but why can't i control what i want? That would be great, imo. I can have RWD in normal conditions, and AWD in rain and snow :drool

#5 ·
you can on R34s....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.