Buying a car - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Other Rides
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Other Rides Anything other than BMW related in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2007, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
alex30179 is on a distinguished road
Buying a car

hi guys I'm looking to buy a car around December/ January time, my budget will most likely be 10k, or under, I'm looking for a car that i will use to drive to school and work (total of 4miles max), i don't care about the mpg, i don't want a convertible and i need it for winter driving conditions. Also i would prefer stick and a bmw lolz yeah, thank you guys for your suggestions.
alex30179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
LYFE SUCK5

Car: 2008 Infiniti G35
Photos:
Ivan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
E30 325ix, thats the only one that meets all the criteria.

Last edited by Ivan; 04-09-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
/Banned

Car: Audi
Photos:
preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
WHy is he gonna go out and buy a 17 year old car for 10k. I would say look into 328is 5 speed, 97-99 models or possibly find a m3 at that price if u look around.
preyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
LYFE SUCK5

Car: 2008 Infiniti G35
Photos:
Ivan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
Because he said he needs one for winter driving conditions, that's why. So basically that means no RWD. Both of the cars you named are practically worthless in the snow. You might as well have suggested a Camaro or Mustang. You need to read things more carefully, man.

Last edited by Ivan; 04-09-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
An e30 325iX is perhaps the only car that meets the criteria. However, they are hard to find, and more of a pain to maintain more often than not.

The best snow performance for the money will come from Subaru. Look into Imprezas from the 90s or maybe high-mileage early 2000s. Audi also makes AWD if you're looking for the luxury edge/status symbol crap. However, Subaru does AWD better, is easier to work on, has a large tuner market, and you can probably get newer for less money.

Last edited by drz; 04-11-2007 at 12:47 PM.
drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
teh Canuck....eh

Car: '86 E30, baby! '05 Legacy 2.5GT Ltd
Photos:
PhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan
Because he said he needs one for winter driving conditions, that's why. So basically that means no RWD. Both of the cars you named are practically worthless in the snow. You might as well have suggested a Camaro or Mustang. You need to read things more carefully, man.
My e30 325e isn't all that bad in the winter conditions...granted it would be much, much better with proper ice tires and AWD...
But don't take my word for it, I drive a 4x4 around here in the winter time, and only busted the bimmer out a couple of times over the winter. It went swell.

drz raises a very good point about the Subies...good solid cars!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
As long as you're dealing with mostly snow and use winter tires, any BMW should do alright if you know how to drive. But a subie would do better all around. I'm looking into one for my next car...
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
teh Canuck....eh

Car: '86 E30, baby! '05 Legacy 2.5GT Ltd
Photos:
PhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid
As long as you're dealing with mostly snow and use winter tires, any BMW should do alright if you know how to drive. But a subie would do better all around. I'm looking into one for my next car...
I agree completely. I don't understand why so many people buy "winter snow tires"...it's not the snow that the vehicles have issues with for the most part in the winter, it's the ice....dedicated ice tires FTW.
If I didn't have the Blazer, I would for sure look into a Subie for an all year 'round/winter car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Other Rides