2Jz - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Other Rides
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Other Rides Anything other than BMW related in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
romansura is on a distinguished road
2Jz

I crushed my supra.

now I have a complete 2JZ, 272 cams, gt42 garrett. 4 inch mandrel turbo back and all related hardware and goodies.

all i gotta do is fit it in the 1995 318 is. i bought last month,

that should be a LITTLE faster than the automatic slowpoke it is now.
has anyone done this in the bimmerforum? i did see some on the www.

by the way what does a 318 is Physically weigh?, internet says 2750 LB.
i cant wait. coming this september i hope.
Roman,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
trinidad 325i is on a distinguished road
its gonna be sick!
but wat happen to the supra??
trinidad 325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Smile crushed

go to photobucket.com
type in search...romansura
and click on user,
then somewhere on one of the 3 pages you'll see a red supra and a big crane that tossed it over the heep of scrap. i got $110 in scrp metal from it.
and parted out the rest of the car.
I will post more pics of the bimmer project soon,
Old 06-19-2007, 10:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mr. Bacon

Car: '08 Rabbit / E30 325is
Photos:
dannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
isnt a gt42 too big for the small 1.9l in the 318?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
He's plannign a 2JZ swap with the gt42r. Defitnely will be a beast. I'm nto sure this will fit as easy as you're hoping. I'll refer trggrhaapi to this topic as i'm sure he's considered it before.

The 2jz motor stands straight up whereas BMW 6 cylinders are angled to lwoer the center of gravity and fit it further back int he engine bay. I could see this as being a huge problem.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Bacon

Photos:
dannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Oh... killer 318 then...
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
Old 06-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
yes. the oem BMW engine placement is a better lower center of gravity design. I will mainly drag this 318, with a gt42 installed on a tubular stainless header on th 2Jz. the compressor cover may hit the right shock tower. not sure yet. trgghappi jump in and give any suggeetions..I may move back some of the firewall if needed, but from what i hear, when properly positioned straight up, it should be a snap. with a home mde/modified plenum intake, it should be putting out 750 or more at the rear wheels if the diff dosent explode on me. Im not suree what the ring gear diameter is. does anyone know? I usually run 114 unleaded and my friend in a 2l talon alredy laid down over 700 at the rear wheels on 36psi. so a 3 liter will have no problems doing it. When i was doing work on a 2004 M3, i noticed the concave ramps and (fast opening, slow closing) on the camshafts in the engine. I wish i had that c'c' machined head on the supra block hahahaha, it was like jewlery, all machined eaven in the combustion chambers, I was impressed. this low vacuun large cam profile requires the 6 throttle bodies to increase idle stability.(each cylinder tends to reverberte at idle some of the charge and pukes it into the other cyliner intake runners back and forth like an argument ), I was considering 6 small throttle bodies too on the 2j, but it may be too much work for a simple beast project like this just to make my idle better. it will be running a 3200lb clamp pressure plate on a kevlar sprung hub disk. 3 inch intercooler piping. So far i have a infinity Q45 throttle body, I think its a 80mm plate. 100mm stainless mandrel turbo back exhaust.
2 of 33mm audi 5000 wastegastes, extremely good quality. 880cc injecctors.
2 walbro 255 in tank pumps. aeromotive regulator. huge intercooler.A 38mm turbosmart BOV. 272 degree cams from crower and titanium valverain. Internal work. factory oil squirters inside block that cool the pistons ike in a diesel. I feel there is no weak link or a restriction shall i say. It will boil down to how well tuned it will end up.
I was considering a smaller 67mm turbo for the street becuse it has such a nice powerband on this engine at 20 psi,
anyways, as far as the fitment is concerned, I compared a bare m3 block to the supra one and they are almost idedntical in passages and physical size, which was quite interesting.
cheers.

This is the BASE make up of the longblock.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
4th Gear Member

Car: 2004 ZHP 6SPD
Photos:
bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
If you can fit that engine in you may want to look at getting a beefier driveline and rear end, cause I don't how much the 318 can take. One from a 325 or m3 could handle it.

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
bimmerguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
I know there are open and posi variants and Im not sure if there are ring gear diameter differences, I can install a custom ratacheting style locker spool for my purposes. if a larger diff pumpkin bolts in with a weird axle combination, that would be ideal lets say from a old 5 series or or something like that. if the m3 diff gearset is interchangable, I would say that will not help me because the tooth strength would still be same, unless an M3 diff asembly is alltogether bigger in size and ring gear size.
is there a race car builder that has experience in this? jump in and tell me what you recomend please.
oh sorry i didnt mention. I am using the supra 5 speed manual transmission and custom made driveshaft setup.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
For Teh Walrus?

Car: 1980 635csi euro
Photos:
WALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to WALSRU Send a message via MSN to WALSRU
You are correct, the diffs are interchangeable and virtually the same on strength.

Never been a fan of the Supra exhaust noise but who even cares with the ridiculous pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss KSHH. Ahh, so nice.

We better be the first to get vids when this is all done. To each their own, I just get tired of going in a straight line.

1980 635csi Euro . . . Current
1985 535i . . . Soon to be parted out
2001 Subaru Forester . . . DD
WALSRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired administrator

Car:
Photos:
triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to triggrhaapi
Quote:
Originally Posted by romansura
I crushed my supra.

now I have a complete 2JZ, 272 cams, gt42 garrett. 4 inch mandrel turbo back and all related hardware and goodies.

all i gotta do is fit it in the 1995 318 is. i bought last month,

that should be a LITTLE faster than the automatic slowpoke it is now.
has anyone done this in the bimmerforum? i did see some on the www.

by the way what does a 318 is Physically weigh?, internet says 2750 LB.
i cant wait. coming this september i hope.
Roman,
I can help you with that, measure the width of the block and figure out where the mounting locations are.

You may have to fab a new shifter link and install at an angle. You can also use the bellhousing from the Euro E36 M3 and I think the linkage as well ,since that uses the same getrag trans. Use E36 M3 driveshaft and diff.

Addicted to Speed Since 1997
Founding member of the GreenDragon Poo Flingers Club
Founder and Double Member of the 150mph club

Read about my Frankenmotor Project and see how an M50 becomes an S50!!!

No, don't worry. It's cool. I'm taking it back for us.
triggrhaapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

Car: '87 325es M50tu Swapped
Photos:
gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrhaapi
I can help you with that, measure the width of the block and figure out where the mounting locations are.

You may have to fab a new shifter link and install at an angle. You can also use the bellhousing from the Euro E36 M3 and I think the linkage as well ,since that uses the same getrag trans. Use E36 M3 driveshaft and diff.
exactly what i was going to suggest

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
gotKRAUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
yes. I am not rich enough to acquire teh getrag 6 speed. I did notice only slight differences in the tail sections on the supra 6 speed. I am using a 2jz, and a 1jz(jap only)bellhousing and the R154 5 speed found from the 1987 to 1992 turbocharged supras. they are VERY strong , and 300 bucks if i ever granade one.
the driveshaft is no problem to adapt. I spoke with a guy about the 318 i and he says that ALL e36 318's that are automatic have a 4.44 to 1 gear set in the differential. is that what i have in my 1995 2 door? There is a tag on one bolt but its too rusted to tell the numbers that are stamped on it,well I am going to get it up in the air and spin and count it later on, since i drive it daily still, too lazy to jack it up, hmm 4.44's on tall 27"wrinklewalls slicks with my transmission ratios at 8000rpm will roughly top out a 135mph in 4th speed.
we will have to see. and yes I will post progres pics in photobucket.com later and vid on youtube after I fire it up. I can't wait. I am going on a holiday to Czech republic till late august so I really want to get her going just shortly after. Ahhh the women. I may grab some bimmer pictures for you guys of theitr local mods that they do in Prague etc..
Old 06-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

Car: '87 325es M50tu Swapped
Photos:
gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
fantastic, cant wait to see progress

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
gotKRAUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
Mr. Bacon

Photos:
Is this project going anywhere?
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Other Rides