*** Spokane MEET Sept. 23rd *** - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
North West Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:09 PM
What? No Autobahn?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up *** Spokane MEET Sept. 23rd ***

These plans are alive and well again with a date finally! Final details will be worked out in the next week or two, but basically here is the brief info:

When: September 23rd, 2006
Starting Point: Roof Top in Downtown Spokane for a quick meet and greet + Photoshoot
Time: To be decided but sometime in early afternoon/late morning. I want to schedule this for a time so the peeps from Pullman and surrounding areas can come up that morning and make it for the meet/drive.
Route 1: Through downtown Spokane and onto I90 East in a nice orderly fashion.
Stop 1: Downtown Coeur D'Alene to fill up on gas because it's like 30 cents cheaper over there
Stop 2: St. Regis, Montana. Total about 130 Miles or so which depending on the speeds can be as little as an hour and a half or as much as 2 hour. This is a very nice and scenic drive with some good straights and twsity roads. 2 Lane roads in each direction so making dangerous passes isn't necessary. These is also very little traffic and drivers tend to do at least 80-90 anyways and the police (if we happen to encouter any in Montana are very friendly and will probably gives us a : )
Stop 3: Coming back West, we will stop at a spot on the pass where it overlooks the whole valley for some photo's, donuts and more It's a very large area easily fitting 30 cars or more.
Stop 4: Silver Dollar Restaurant for Dinner/Lunch. Awesome food and a very famous place. I will call and reserve a table for as many people are confirmed within the next 2 weeks.
Final Stop: To be decided. More then likely going to plan a hangout at someone's house (possibly mine if we're moved in by then) or a park to take some pictures and possibly have a small BBQ if people are still hungry.
Total Time: Estimating 5-6 Hours which would leave plenty of time for people to make it back before it's too dark and still hit the bars. I should note, we will probably be celebrating two people's birthday's this night who will be on the drive so for those of you who are 21, this means a night out on the town :
Total Miles: Roughly 260, easily one take of gas to and from should do it.

Basic Rules:
1) No Passing Lead Car - I'm going to set a lead car (kind of like a pace car) for those to follow. He will not do excessive speeds, but will keep it interesting enough to make the drive fun, yet safe.
2) No Alcohol/drugs while on the drive (obvious)
3) Basic common sense for driving. Don't do something stupid that could ruin it for the rest. I want this drive to be a model for all future drives. I will remove a driver from the drive if I have to. Simple as that.
4) Have fun. Simple as that, it's probably the last drive of the year in Eastern, Wa so enjoy it.

Who Is Welcomed:
Basically anyone who wants to come. One of my good friends will be on the drive in his Stage 4+ WRX so all makes and models are welcomed, though it'll mostly be BMW. And more then likely, group shots with be with only BMWs

Price:
No price, just buy your own gas and food.

What to Bring:
1) Radar Detectors
2) Scanners
3) Jammers
4) Two-way radio's (I have a couple of extra sets too)
5) Working car
6) Co-Pilot so someone can take pics and videos :

Picture of the Route:

More info to come as it becomes available... so lets start a list on who is coming...

1) Jrhaile (Driving E36)
2) Robbie (Driving my E30)
3) KJohnson E36 M3
4) Mike R E36 M3
5) Jshep E36 328is
6) Tony E46 328i
7) KDavis E36 M3
8) Sal E36 325is
9) Khaile E36 325i

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Regional Forums > North West