Authorised Dealer In Bolton - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
North West Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 11:43 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
shackattack is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Recently I had a fault with my 3 series BMW, it would start fine but when driven would stutter. Feeling that a BMW garage might be expensive i went to Peter Michaels in Bolton. I explained the fault to the man himself and he explained it was the exhaust.

I duly ordered a new exhaust and had it fitted and lo and behold it made no difference what s ever. I was hit with a 300 pound bill. I took it back to Peter Michaels who explained that it was probably another fault and after looking at it he hit me with another 250 bill and explained that it was still faulty and it need a control unit.

So back it went, a new control unit was orderd, however by this time I had become deeply suspicious of his practices, I went to get a second opinion on the exhaust he had fitted and 3 garages explained that the old exhaust was indeed fine.

I also went to BMW who said that the control unit was fine, by this time I was asked to pay a bill of 500 on top of what i had allready paid.

By this time I was furious so i decided to take the vehicle back having allready shelled out 700, however imagine my surprise when i got in to start the car, it wouldnt move. Peter Michaels then explained that the fault had got worse even though I had been driving it for 4 weeks and in the space of a day it would not move.

Finally i confronted the owner and explained my findings about the control unit, strangely i was asked to leave it for 2 days and they would sort out the problem. Even though it had been with them for 4 weeks. I duly obliged as I couldnt even move it. 3 days later and nearly a 1000 out of pocket the car was fixed.

Are there any honest mechanics out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Regional Forums > North West