BMW Werkz banner

Open Invitation for a Track Day at Pocono

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Juryjt 
#1 ·
March 26, 2004

My Fellow Track Enthusiasts:

I am the Motorsports Director of the Delaware Valley Miata Club. I have recently taken over this position from Brad Kravitz, who many of you know from the excellent job he did running our club’s annual Pocono Event.

The Del-Val Miata Club is again offering an invitation to you and your club members to join us as we hold our annual Driving School at Pocono International Raceway on Monday and Tuesday, July 19th and 20th. We will be running the North Course of the track and offer classroom and and in-car instruction on Monday. We reserve the Tuesday session for open seat time, but if you let us know ahead of time, we may be able to provide some in-car instruction on Tuesday on a first-come, first-served basis.

We limit the number of participants on both dates to provide plenty of open track space and a safe environment. This is no roll bar requirement at our event and we welcome all convertibles to participate. This is a good opportunity for your members with convertibles who do not wish to invest in a rollbar to participate in a track event. We run this school with safety as our primary concern and this year will mark the 8th year of our event. Some of you may have attended our event as participants or instructors and can speak directly to the excellent reputation that our event has developed.

The cost of our event is $200 per day per driver. Information on a reduced group rate at the Ramada Inn is included in this note. Again, we prefer those with little or no track experience to participate on Monday but will try and accommodate those who can only attend Tuesday. Please be kind enough to pass this information along to your club members through your newsletter or website and mention it at your upcoming meetings.

Anyone interested in receiving additional information or reserving a slot for one or both days should contact: Jeff Jury at (610) 742-9777 or e-mail racemiata@yahoo.com. If you e-mail, please include your contact information, phone and address and indicate if you are interested in the 19th, 20th or both dates. Payment information will be included in my reply.

We will also be looking for instructors for the Monday, July 19th session. Instructors will receive free seat time on Monday. If you have instructed in the past at our event or have significant track experience and want to instruct this year, please contact me as well. (Participation on Tuesday will still require the $200 entry fee.)

This event is already more than 50% sold out at this time, so don’t wait to long to get the info to your club members and reserve your slots.

Regards,

Jeff Jury
Motorsports Director
Del-Val Miata Club
610-742-9777 – cell
racemiata@yahoo.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi again,

I did get a few reservations that came in after this posting. Thanks for the quick replies.

As I said in my earlier posting, we only had a few slots left for the July 19th date and those have now all be reserved. But don't give up yet, there are still a couple of options.

1. Tuesday is still open if you have some track experience. If you don't contact me and we might be able to arrange some instruction on Tuesday.

2. Get on the wait list for Monday. Those who have made reservations now have until April 27th to pay for their slots or they will not be held. Based on our previous years of experience, I anticipate some of those who reserved slots will not come through with a check so there will be openings. In order to get on the wait list, you must first send me your contact info. My reply will include event info and where to send your payment. (Checks payable to the Delaware Valley Miata Club). For those on the wait list, checks will be held until after April 27. If we can offer you a slot at that time we will notify you that you reservation has been accepted. IF we cannot offer you a slot, your uncashed check will be returned. For anyone nervous about sending a check, you may visit, http://www.delval.org/ where you will find my name listed as a director. The wait list is first paid first on the list, so don't delay if you are interested. Send your e-mail to racemiata@yahoo.com

Thanks for your enthusiasm. If you decide not to join us this year make sure you talk to those in your club who did. You might change your mind for our 2005 event.

Jeff Jury
Motorsports Director
Del-Val Miata Club

#3 ·
Hello Again.

Just another update on our event. Monday is now completely sold out including the waiting list. If you have some track experience there a few openings on Tuesday July 20, but expect those to go within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for all the support here and to those of you in the club who are instructing our novices this year.

Jeff Jury
Motorsports Director, Del-Val Miata Club

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.