Remote Locking E36 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
New Members Check In come in say hello...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 04:49 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AshleyHall is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Question Remote Locking E36

Hi All, very gratefull if someone can help with this.

My girlfriend's 2001 E36 started to lock ONLY the drivers door when she pressed the keyfob lock button.

THEN it started locking every door except the drivers door! Which is what it does now.

If I sit inside the car and press the central locking button, it locks all doors. But then if you press it again it opens all the doors except the drivers. If you manually open the door then lock it again it will consistantly do the same thing.

The alarm sets and everthing is fine except she has to lock and unlock the drivers door manually with the key. You can lock and unlock all four doors manually with the key.

Please can someone help me look good in front of the Missus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 04:30 AM
n00b

AshleyHall is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Oops - I'm a virgin! Post for the very first time.....

Not only did I manage to put my first post in the wrong place, I also did the cardinal sin of calling her E46 Bimmer an E36. I'm not worthy of a reply!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyHall
Hi All, very gratefull if someone can help with this.

My girlfriend's 2001 E36 started to lock ONLY the drivers door when she pressed the keyfob lock button.

THEN it started locking every door except the drivers door! Which is what it does now.

If I sit inside the car and press the central locking button, it locks all doors. But then if you press it again it opens all the doors except the drivers. If you manually open the door then lock it again it will consistantly do the same thing.

The alarm sets and everthing is fine except she has to lock and unlock the drivers door manually with the key. You can lock and unlock all four doors manually with the key.

Please can someone help me look good in front of the Missus.
#3 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
It might be that, or more or less the fact that it's a very difficult problem to diagnose. I've seen many 99/00 e46's have similar window problems. There was never really a definite answer I could find other than taking it to a shop. Electronics are not my specialty.

Welcome and good luck

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In