NJGreenBudd's First Post, BMW, E30, First Pics - Please Look Inside - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

New Members Check In come in say hello...

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
NJGreenBudd is on a distinguished road
NJGreenBudd's First Post, BMW, E30, First Pics - Please Look Inside

Hey guys, first post here, hopefully not my last, I think I'll hang around and see what I can pick up. hehe

this is my very first bimmer, it's an old one but it's a good one. I found it on craigs list a few weeks ago when browsing and decided to email for more info. i got a bunch of promising fotos and was off got a test drive. luckily i got to drive through rush hour in clifton, nj this morning in 100'f weather. anyways, it's a '87 325e with 154,xxx miles, just had major services including t-belt, water pump, pulleys, coolant flush. it's 100% stock and running like a champ, clean 5spd makes for fun driving. don't really want to do much besides refit the front valance(pm if you have one) and maybe new shocks at some point. this is my second weekend car, no major rush here, please tell me what you think, any good links or comments welcome, let me know what im in for here.

me:
NJGreenBudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kai
4th Gear Member

Car: E39 Alpine White 528i, E34-Sold.
Photos:
Kai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
Welcome to the Werkz first off, secondly, sounds like a pretty good car. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it? I would get the plastic bumpers, really adds to the looks. I would replace the cloth on the drivers seat, that is the kind of thing that even though it isn't a big deal gets to me immensely. I will say the back seat looks new. Give it a good cleaning inside and out and keep it up par, it will do wonders as well. Nice ride, hope to see you around for awhile. Be sure to update us with how everything goes with her. Good luck.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Car: 89 E30 325i, 2007 Honda
Photos:
witeshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nice
Looks like a sweet find! Congratz,

Sig by zeaq
witeshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Thanks, the seller was asking $900 and I ended up paying $750. I do think I'll fix that seat though, maybe just some nice black seat covers for now.

whiteshark, are those the elipsoid headlights in your sig? will they fit in my car? I do like that look, not angle eyes or halos but just that look you have there.

Also I need some advice for parts. I'm going to be doing the brakes and e-brake soon, as well as replacing the muffler. Whats all involved with fixing the e-brake?

I was planning on either a magnaflow cat and muffler, does any body have particular recommendations for exhaust? I think I'm going to weld my first exhaust and this seems feasible, just looking for any helpful tips or tricks. What size piping is it after the Y pipe on a stock 325e, i'm guessing 2.5".

One last thing, in my pics above you can see that I'm missing the lower trim on my bumper, what is it exactly, a lip or valance? which lips will fit this model?

Thanks so much for any help here.

Last edited by NJGreenBudd; 08-16-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome.

It looks like a good start man. I'd definitely fix the seat and tuck the bumpers (google that one if you don't know what I'm talking about).

As far as exhaust, you can't really go wrong with a Magnaflow.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 1998 BMW 528i
Photos:
Bimmeroyale is on a distinguished road
I agree with Witeshark. Fix the seat eventually. If you can't afford to do so now, black seat covers will work although the front seats will be a different colour from the back seats. As long as it drives well.

Congrats
Bimmeroyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
The seat will be fixed, but I'm doing the brakes and exhaust first. Gotta make sure it stops right and the muffler is shot. The seat doesn't bother me so much, you can't even tell when your driving it.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Kai
4th Gear Member

Car: E39 Alpine White 528i, E34-Sold.
Photos:
Kai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
If you are wanting to spend your money on the exhaust and the brakes then tuck the bumpers like Torque said, the diving boards just turn me off to E30s. And ellipsoids would be nice, good call not getting the angel eyes...they look horrible on E30/E34/similar headlights. Heck I don't really think they look great on anything they didn't come stock on, but they do look alright on most things.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
I'm planning for my new exhaust and was curious as to the stock size of the pipe after the Y pipe? I am picking up the car in a few days and would like to do the exhaust the same day. I plan on using the stock manifolds and running a single pipe into a high flow cat then continue single pipe to a magnaflow muffler, just wondering if it's 2", 2.25" or 2.5" piping.

Thanks for you time,

NJGB
Old 08-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 91 318i
Photos:
pretty hate machine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGreenBudd View Post

jealous. i wanted a coupe so bad!
pretty hate machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In