Newby! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
New Members Check In come in say hello...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 06:06 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
John Rich is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Post Newby!

Hi, just joined.
Recently immigrated to UK from South Africa. Because I did not have a bank account for the 1st month, but neededd a vehicle, I had to buy a car cash. I found a very good condition BMW530d tourer 2000 model with 151000 miles! Shocked by the expensive service bills in UK, and with my Mechanical Engineering background, I intend to learn as much as I can and do as much of the servicing as I can myself. I am needing a service manual / advice for this vehicle...any ideas? Also, at 150 000 miles, what should I be focussing on? I don't see that the timing belt (not one of the jobs I plan to be doing myself!!) has been done since records after 100 000 miles (I presume was on a maintenance scheme before then as there are no papers from then, only service stamps in the book)
Thanks
John

Last edited by John Rich; 08-05-2014 at 06:09 AM. Reason: spell check
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 02:28 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BimmerAdict is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rich View Post
Hi, just joined.
Recently immigrated to UK from South Africa. Because I did not have a bank account for the 1st month, but neededd a vehicle, I had to buy a car cash. I found a very good condition BMW530d tourer 2000 model with 151000 miles! Shocked by the expensive service bills in UK, and with my Mechanical Engineering background, I intend to learn as much as I can and do as much of the servicing as I can myself. I am needing a service manual / advice for this vehicle...any ideas? Also, at 150 000 miles, what should I be focussing on? I don't see that the timing belt (not one of the jobs I plan to be doing myself!!) has been done since records after 100 000 miles (I presume was on a maintenance scheme before then as there are no papers from then, only service stamps in the book)
Thanks
John
Hey John - welcome to the forum! For the service manual I would call BMW and give them your VIN # so they can give you the part # for the owners manual you need.
Then type that part # in on ebay, google, amazon or whichever your preferred shopping platform is and buy it there. You can also buy it from BMW, but its at least 2x more expensive than online.

Here is a guide for some general BMW maintenance: https://www.bimmerhq.com/blogbmw-gen...tenance-guide/

That blog post does not include everything that should be done, but its at least a starting point. There are lots of helpful DIY guides around the internet that can give you specifics when needed.

2007 335i - JB4, DCI, DP's
2008 535i - Stock
2007 Mazda RX-8
German Auto Parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In