BMW Werkz banner

Newbie with 325iCab and 330Ci in South Africa

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  drz 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

I've just joined this forum and look forward to some interesting exchanges. I have a 1989 325i cabriolet (with solid roll bars), and a 330Ci Convertible.
The main reason I got into the convertibles was to avoid having the car stink of cigarette smoke whenever I smoked and drove :eek: . Now that I'm an ex-smoker the reason has disappeared but not the passion.:D
I love the 325i as she allows me to travel with a cover above me in the hot African sun on those hot days. She has almost 300 000 km's on the clock and is still going strong. She recently received 74 points in the local BMW concourse - I'm very proud.
The 330Ci is a much more handsome car and she goes a lot faster too - but there's either roof-on or roof-off - no in-between so she's not ideal for those really hot summer days. Her value is also decreasing at a rate of knots and I'm looking forward to the new shape convertible - maybe someone can tell me more about it - when it's expected, what changes will be done etc. As I’m living in South Africa I can only imagine that we’ll get the car about 6 months later.

I'd love to chat to other "Seefafrikaans" :lol: expat or otherwise - and anyone else who loves these convertibles and cabriolets.

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome :) We have a very international member base here. I am sure you'll enjoy this board.

The new cabrios should come out later this year -- I think -- as a 2007 model. To keep up, check regularly in the Mmeber's Lounge and the E46/E90 tech sections.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.