New member with an e36 325i soft top - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

New Members Check In come in say hello...

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
e36truns is on a distinguished road
New member with an e36 325i soft top

Hey everyone. My name is Allen. I recently purchased a 1994 325i convertible for 800 bucks. The car is a little rough on the interior and exterior but it runs like a dream. I am a mechanic and custom car builder. I do alarms, remote starts, custom systems and boxes, fiberglass work, paint and body and much more. The car now is black and looks like they spray painted it but I'll be getting fixed up soon. The car has 190,000 on it. Coming soon water pump, tune up and any other maintenance you might suggest? Always looking to upgrade performance and reliability. These are beautiful cars!
e36truns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
4DoorWhore

Car: 1998 E36 328i
Photos:
Lord Vader is on a distinguished road
Welcome to Bimmerwerkz.

Cooling system is important if its never been done. As well as all the bushings (which are quite often neglected). Replacing those will dramatically increase handling (back to stock from worn out ). Very rarely is the transmission fluid or diff fluid changed.

ProjectTechnik.com - Alberta based BMW Community
See My car on Project Technik HERE!

And Follow Me on Instagram @E36M52

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! Paint Code #343

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
Lord Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
ok I will definitely do that. I don't really know anything about the car so I'll do all that. On the trans fluid, I think I will be doing a drain and fill, new bmw fluid, new trans pan gasket and new trans filter. Also looking at aftermarket trans coolers. The car runs great, good power and shifts smooth, but if it sits and idles for a couple minutes the tcm light comes. The car goes into limp mode, but if I turn the car off for 10-15 seconds it will go out and it will be running great again. I opened the tcm and dcm compartment and everything looked good. Any ideas?
Old 05-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
4DoorWhore

Car: 1998 E36 328i
Photos:
Lord Vader is on a distinguished road
I dont see the point in additional trans coolers. The transmission is fine without them. The same automatic transmissions used in many E36's is also used in the Izuzu Rodeo 4x4 and lasts fine.

Get the OBD system scanned for codes. If its going into limp mode theirs an issue. The codes displayed will help identify the problem.

ProjectTechnik.com - Alberta based BMW Community
See My car on Project Technik HERE!

And Follow Me on Instagram @E36M52

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! Paint Code #343

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
Lord Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Ya I will be pulling those codes this week and I'll go from there. Thanks by the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In