New Member CCMURRA 1997 Z3 2.8 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
New Members Check In come in say hello...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 09:14 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CCMURRA is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
New Member CCMURRA 1997 Z3 2.8

I owned a 1998 Atlanta Blue Z3 1.9 for 3 years and traded it in for an Infiniti G35 Coupe in 2006. I missed the Z3's curves and the wind in my hair. Thus, I bought another Z3 late last fall. This time I went for more power and optioned for the 2.8. This one is Montreal Blue and has been tricked out with numerous aftermarket options and I'm looking to add a few more. I did not look into the Dinan options last time, but I'm looking into them for this Z3 since the larger engine provides more aftermarket options to dress it up even more.

The major upgrades still missing are engine and exhaust upgrades. The car is from California and I live in Indiana, so I'm dying for spring. I can't wait to enjoy the Z3 again.

CCMURRA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 09:26 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Cool,

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 02:16 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
It is late here so I must be brief - I am a firm Dinan believer and yes, you DO get what you pay for! I would look into supercharging the car - Dinan is best, otherwise look at Active AutoWerks or perhaps ESS. A Remus sport exhaust is nice - or again I'd go Dinan free flow exhaust. Did you upgrade the brakes? If not a big brake kit is a must as stopping is not optional! How about suspension? Coilovers?? X-brace? How about a clutch upgrade to a heavy duty Dinan sport clutch (sorry, I hope your Z3 is manual...) if supercharging is too expensive- at least do a cool Air Intake. I'd stay away from headers in a Z as you won't get the bang for your buck. Also think Michelin Pilot Sport ALL SEASONS as they are sooo much better inb ad weather including snow. Make sure you have a good and reputable shop do this (or most of the engine stuff at least) and go enjoy teh ride!!! Also, post up a list of the mods already on the car and PICS!

Hope this helps. Ciao.

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 03:14 AM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
Welcome the Werkz, Post pics soon.
#5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 06:24 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
One other thought is you may have some trouble finding at least the engine mods on a 1997 model, likely at least from Dinan as there cannot be a big niche for those parts. There are other alternatives though. Let us know what you want and we can go from there. Waiting on pics and a current and "wish/want" mods list please...

RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Welcome to the Werkz.........

jb

#7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:13 PM
nzm
n00b

nzm is on a distinguished road
Lmao Roadster Madness has already gone mad with the modifying options haha the guys just said hi and wanted to drive his car your already talking about big
money upgrades lol sorry I find it funny
#8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 09:51 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

Yes well he specifically said he wanted to do engine and exhaust mods, specifically Dinan options and so I answered his questions with responsive ideas. Why that's funny, I don't know. I said hi too and it's nice the guys said hello too but again, the thread starter said he bought a bigger engine for more power and wants to mod it with an eye on Dinan possibilities so that's what he, fortunately in my view - got. Ciao all.

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:14 PM
nzm
n00b

nzm is on a distinguished road
Sorry mate I wasn't having a dig at you I just read it and found it funny. I'm the same, when ppl start pondering about modifying their cars I get a bit excited and start gettin a bit carried away with it. Nothing wrong with it at all mate this is the crazy little world of ours hehe
#10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:49 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

K- lol no worries

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In