I found this site while looking for information on how to fix my defroster vent which is not blowing any air. Looks like a great site so I signed up.
I have a 1983 320i...that I've had for 3 weeks now, bought it for a get around car for my son. He's in his 2nd year of college and the TDI VW bug he's driving now will be going to his sister next Spring. Durning the mean time I want to make it into a dependable year around driver. I owned a 1979 528i back in the day so I feel comfortable in being able to do most of the work myself.
The 320i was a calif car to 100,000 miles from there it was sold to the sister in NE. that use it for a sunny day weekend car. In the last ten years she owed it she only put 1,041 miles on it. Currently it has 115,900 miles on the clock.
Good news was it has been well taken care and came with all the maintenance records. Had the 100,000 service which included adj valves and changed tranny and differential fluides plus a ton of other stuff.
So far (in my care) this is the list of things done to it:
1. In-tank fuel pump and sender
2. Fuel accumulator and fuel filter
3. Change oil and filter
4. Front brakes (including rotors)
5. Parking brake cables
6. Various vacuum lines replacement
7. 3.9 LSD
8. Refinish stock 13' BBS wheels and installed new tires
9. Some paintless dent removal
10. Hood and trunk badges
11. Shift boot, shift knob, rubbermaid floor mates
12. Clean, polish and waxed (twice)
13. Bought but not installed yet...25mm front sway bar and 19 mm rear sway bar.
14. Installed new radiator, thermostat and thermo switch for aux fan
15. Going in next Tuesday to redo the driver's seat and re-carpet rear shelf.
Here are some pic's I took last weekend.
Last edited by msiert; 07-04-2012 at 08:01 PM.