New Girl from Kent UK - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

New Members Check In come in say hello...

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 04:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Cherry100 is on a distinguished road
Talking New Girl from Kent UK

Hello boys and girls

I'm a teency bit of a fraud- the Beamer is actually my boyfriend's car- I'm currently restoring an old Rover 100

BUT the BM has a couple of little niggles (well, one big niggle tbh) and boyfriend will never sort it out himself, so Cherry steps in to save the day!

We just swapped it a couple weeks back- our somewhat problematic 1993 MR2 for a 96 318 salooooon. Full grey leather, angels eyes, lexus rears (YUK- they're gone already) and a whole heap of spare parts etc which we'll be gradually selling on.

All in all its a beast- we feel like we be pimpin' all day and aaaall night

Glad to be a member- looking forward to saoaking up some real knowledge while i'm here- and hopefully badger you lovley lot for some answers at some point too
Cherry100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 05:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
42, The meaning of life

Car: 2000 740iL Individual
Photos:
brettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nice
Welcome to the Werkz.

So what are the immediate issues you are facing apart from the cosmetics?

Riding in style
brettski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Hi Brettski thanks for your reply!

I think i could probably give you three guesses and you'd only need one- Wiring, of course! lol

We've got the old 'binnacle cut-out' issue- it's been doing it sporadically, as we half expected, but it's been off alltogether for a couple of days, now- we have no idea how much fuel she's got- the needle is staying put at just over a half a tank! (we know we stuck 20 quid in her 2 days ago, so we'll manage!)

I need to find a wiring diagram, i suppose. Having checked out the e36 section, i now know a couple of obvious places to check, but we're first time bimmer-ers lol

I know there's a binnacle check function, but out led display is out, so we won't even see when the test light comes on hahaha

(i laugh because i'm crying inside, of course)
Old 11-08-2011, 05:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
42, The meaning of life

Car: 2000 740iL Individual
Photos:
brettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nice
I think that you may be looking at this the wrong way, don't see it as a chore, but more of a challenge to acheive a full resurrection. The other point you might be missing, its his car not yours.
It sounds like you have some good mechanical skills to get things started. Dabsy may be able to point you in the right direction, and he is relatively near you, so he might be able to offer some very local assistance. Are there any other instrument issues that might help pinpoint the issue?

Good luck with it all.

Riding in style
brettski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
No, no- not a chore at all- If i were scared of a challenge, i wouldn't have taken on the Rover project lol (The poor thing hasn't passed an MOT first time in 10 years!)

I don't drive, so his car is my car, sadly- the dial issue doesn't bother me too much because i was expecting it, but it'd be nice to have her all straight and happy

The binnacle:
-Tach & 'mpg indicator' are completely dead
-speedo works as normal when it's on, but has cut out on occasion (never been off more than a couple minutes)
-fuel guage, as i said, just sits there at half a tank
-mileage & service indicator display is not completely dead- just very very dim
-all warning & dash lights have been known to flick on when dials die (first indication that they're about to drop!)

:S who knows? lol not me, thats for shizzle!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In