New 87 325i Owner(And Im Lovin IT) - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

New Members Check In come in say hello...

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2006, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
mrfc3s is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mrfc3s Send a message via Yahoo to mrfc3s
New 87 325i Owner(And Im Lovin IT)

Hello All, I just got my first BMW... MY GOD IS IT A CHANGE!!! Im Honestly used to ether beater Trucks and Small Honda like cars, and ofcourse, my 1987 Mazda RX-7... While that RX-7 is nice, so far i dont know if i like the bimmer more... I know i could more agressively drive the 7, but thats mainly cause ive had it for atleast 2-3 months... ive had the bimmer for 2 days. I honestly dont know if my 7 could take it from a standstill. And other than that, the bimmer is a real adjustment, everything is stiff and tight... and tourq is somthing that im not real familiar with(hehehe) Every thing in that car is NOICE!!! The body is in useable, but poor condition. Theres a good bit of rust on the rear of the front fenders, extending under the doors to the rear(common?) My plan is to ether repair it or find a better body... or i have two RX-7 Shells that could use an I6(lol joking)

The Only Person I know that owns and messes with Bimmers, and is also close family is my cousin Ben Johnson(whom might be on this forum) Im still looking on this forum for a general Noob section... Ive got to perform a FULL SERVICE to the car, and i dont know where to start... But while Im here anyway, is there anything i need to watchout for or do differently from any other Non-BMW Piston Driven Vehicle??? for instance, I saw a sticker on the car that said "BMW ANTI-FREEZE ONLY!!!" Where the heck do I get it? I did get the haynes manual, but thats just enough to get me into trouble...

Well, Nice to meet you guys, and i hope to notonly learn from but also Contribute to this forum. Hope you Guys will forgive me for being a Rotorhead...lol

E30s Represent!!!
1990 Geo Storm GSi(dont laugh... 1.6l I4 130Hp DOHC)
1987 GMC Seirra 1500 4x4(workhorse, and For Sale too)
mrfc3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2006, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
I am Teh Edumacator.

Car: 1999 Dinan 540i/6, 1995 Dinan 749
Photos:
Teh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Welcome to the forums. Lots of smart people on here will be willing to help you.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
Teh Prof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
General Chaos

Car: ///M3,Corolla
Photos:
SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
welcome welcome
Old 04-19-2006, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
welcome to bimmerwerkz
Old 04-20-2006, 07:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Nice pics. Welcome to bimmerwerkz
Old 04-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Teh Peetsa Gai

Car: '86 325es, '87 535is
Photos:
ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
Where in "the firey pits of NC" are you?
I'm in Havelock.
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
ldsbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
hehe i noticed, im about 4 miles east on 64E of Raleigh... the little podunk town of Knightdale... If your ever near, feel free to stop on in..
Old 04-21-2006, 01:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: '00 M-B CLK430 Cabriolet
Photos:
BMWBeauty416 is a name known to allBMWBeauty416 is a name known to allBMWBeauty416 is a name known to allBMWBeauty416 is a name known to allBMWBeauty416 is a name known to allBMWBeauty416 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to BMWBeauty416 Send a message via MSN to BMWBeauty416 Send a message via Yahoo to BMWBeauty416
Love the oldies!
WELCOME

(hey I was nice to 2 noobs in the same DAY! Someone document this!!!)

~*Teg*~
Old 04-22-2006, 02:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
LYFE SUCK5

Car: 2008 Infiniti G35
Photos:
Ivan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfc3s
Hello All, I just got my first BMW... MY GOD IS IT A CHANGE!!! Im Honestly used to ether beater Trucks and Small Honda like cars, and ofcourse, my 1987 Mazda RX-7... While that RX-7 is nice, so far i dont know if i like the bimmer more... I know i could more agressively drive the 7, but thats mainly cause ive had it for atleast 2-3 months... ive had the bimmer for 2 days. I honestly dont know if my 7 could take it from a standstill. And other than that, the bimmer is a real adjustment, everything is stiff and tight... and tourq is somthing that im not real familiar with(hehehe) Every thing in that car is NOICE!!! The body is in useable, but poor condition. Theres a good bit of rust on the rear of the front fenders, extending under the doors to the rear(common?) My plan is to ether repair it or find a better body... or i have two RX-7 Shells that could use an I6(lol joking)

The Only Person I know that owns and messes with Bimmers, and is also close family is my cousin Ben Johnson(whom might be on this forum) Im still looking on this forum for a general Noob section... Ive got to perform a FULL SERVICE to the car, and i dont know where to start... But while Im here anyway, is there anything i need to watchout for or do differently from any other Non-BMW Piston Driven Vehicle??? for instance, I saw a sticker on the car that said "BMW ANTI-FREEZE ONLY!!!" Where the heck do I get it? I did get the haynes manual, but thats just enough to get me into trouble...

Well, Nice to meet you guys, and i hope to notonly learn from but also Contribute to this forum. Hope you Guys will forgive me for being a Rotorhead...lol

E30s Represent!!!

according to car-stats.com the 325 is about a second faster in the 1/4 than the rx7
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Ha i knew it... (wow, that wasnt as big as a disapointment as i though... weird...) anyway thanks for the input... is there anywhere where i can get some technical data on these cars(and maby a starter page or somthing???)
Old 04-22-2006, 02:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
LYFE SUCK5

Car: 2008 Infiniti G35
Photos:
Ivan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
i use autotrader.com : http://www.autotrader.com/research/m...p?restype=used

they have alot of good info like hp, torque, dimensions,msrp etc. and it's very accurate.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
77th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to 325eXTATIC Send a message via AIM to 325eXTATIC Send a message via MSN to 325eXTATIC Send a message via Yahoo to 325eXTATIC
Another good resource for the very basics of how your car was equipped from the factory would be to use a VIN Decoder... the one I have come to rely on is here...
http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi

Tells you what your off the assembly line features n' such are.

It's a start!
See ya' in the e30 forum!
and no matter what anyone says, ROTORS RULE! But first gen RX7's are better (I owned 6 at one point, so I am a bit biased!)

Josh W.

Originally Posted by <b>JoeMadoo</b><br>325eXTATIC, you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>Moosepuck</b><br>Oh yeah... 325eXTATIC...you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>e30dream</b><br>325eXTATIC....youre my hero.
325eXTATIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Been here a while.

Car: Blah
Photos:
97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
Welcome.

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
97alpineM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > New Members Check In